Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Epson
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting a little confused with reviewing some older and recent posts.  I have had my Arlo Pro (single Camera) unit since Dec 2019.  Installed and operational January 2020.  I have had no issues until this past week.  Nothing has changed in my soundings, yet, my Arlo Pro Camera now goes offline every other day.  I have followed the 8 step troubleshooting, and the Camera does come back online, but only for about 48 hours.  Recording settings have not changed, internet has not changed, distance, location, and all else - has not changed.   I normally would get about 4 to 5 weeks before I would have to charge the battery.   Now to the question, It was implied in other posts that the Battery has to be replaced somewhere between 3 and 6 months of use?  Did they mean I should not have to charge my battery until 3 to 6 months, or are do I have to replace (buy new battery) every 3 to 6 months??

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the Pro batteries don't normally need to be replaced. The original wireless cameras have a different battery so that may be what you've been reading.

Firmware changes could explain this if the signal strength has changed but this could also be explained by nearby wireless devices that also use the 2.4GHz band. Since this apparently happens to all cameras, check for new or moved wireless devices near the base.  It may also be useful to try moving the base away from the router.

Epson
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the replay, I don't have any new wireless devices and nothing has changed since January, although it looks like my base was updated on June 25th - so maybe this is my issue.