Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help for a newbie

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mailrail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry to have to write this but I've been up and running with my Arlo Pro 4-camera set for a week now. I'm no idiot (my wife and friends may disagree) but I can't seem to get the hang of setting up schedules, along with geofencing, for multiple cameras. I've searched and found many posts but none which seem to stick to my pea sized brain. Can someone kindly provide me a link to what they consider the most comprehensive set of instructions for this task? You will be my newest hero.
6 REPLIES 6
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Your easiest answer might be to search for Arlo Pro Youtube video's. Many out there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What is it that you're having issues with? Break it down into steps (I.e. modes/rules then schedule, then geofencing) and we can help with one at a time. That should be easier.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary
mailrail
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wants and needs don't seem to be too far out of line with many posts I've seen on this forum, I just can't seem to grasp the steps for geofencing and scheduling over an array of different cameras. I have 4 Pros which will all be placed outdoors. I have a Q arriving tomorrow which will be inside. During the winter, I would like the outdoor cams to be monitoring for motion pretty much all the time. When warmer weather arrives and I'm out in the yard during the daylight hours, I would probably want to set up a combo of geofencing and scheduling so those are always on when I'm away from home and then again overnight. The indoor Q cam would follow a similar schedule all year. I'm just not understanding how to tell the cameras what I want them to do. In the app, it seems like I can't choose more than one thing for ALL my cameras to do as a group. What am I missing? Before I bought my cameras last week, I thought I saw a post that explained it fairly concisely but I didn't have the app loaded yet and couldn't follow along and now I can't seem to find that post here in the forum.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'm guessing you need to create your own modes with appropriate rules. Use the Mode tab, click on your base and create a custom mode. You will create a rule for one camera. Save and reedit the new mode to add cameras. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. With your he modes you can create a schedule and/or use geofencing. To use GF, you'll use your modes and maybe your schedule. When turning on GF, Home will use one thing and Away will use another. The Q camera will need the same thing since you can't combine IG with any other cameras.

Does that get you started?
mailrail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes; thanks. I actually sat down and played around with it when I got home today. I got 3 devices geofenced and they are all showing up as "in zone" right now while we're all three home. I'm assuming gen comes first and then the schedules will kick in while home. My son only goes to school half day tomorrow so that'll be the first big test to see if everything is working correctly. If he comes home and the inside camera sends me a notification (the schedule calls for the cam to be armed during that period) I'm back to square one.