Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera Images Location on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

I just used my Arlo app to view live video and took a few still camera images with my iPhone. I can't seem to find them on my phone. I looked in my camera roll but there were no pics. Can anyone help? Must be a setting I am missing?

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On the Ipad ( and I believe the same for iphone ) under app SETTINGS there is a listing for the default dir to download to...default is ARLO folder in same area as camera roll. ( they do not appear in the camera roll )

Make sure you have given Permission for the app to access the camera storage area or it wont work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  My iPhone says "Download to Arlo" in the Arlo Settings but I can't find that location. Any ideas?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On ipad;  SETTINGS>pick Arlo app> make sure the toggles are on for permission to PHOTOS, MIC and default d/l as you stated "download to arlo"

For location; ICON  PHOTOS - pick  ALBUMS - arlo is one of the albums with camera roll

BTW, running 9.3.5 on G3 ipad... newr OS may be a bit diff

Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

Also, my iPhone appe doesn't have a button to allow Arlo to access the camera. I need to check for an update on that app.

Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

Must be different for iPad because I don't see those options on iPhone. Whii have to check my settings on my iPad tonight. The only settings I have under the Arlo app on iPhone are Microphone (toggle), Notifications, Background App Refresh (toggle, Cellular Data (toggle, there is a text box for Arlo Settings  that says "Download to Arlo" and Location In/Out Notifications (toggle.  That's it.

Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

I don't seem to have any toggle to access the camera on iPhone or iPad. IOS 10.2

Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

Has anybody been successful at taking video or still images with an iPhone or iPad running IOS 10 or above? If so, can you please post your settings? I have not been able to do so either on my iPad or iPhone using the Arlo app. There are no settings to access the camera or storage. There is just a text box under Arlo settings  that says  Arlo Settings - Download to Arlo with no location. there also isn't a tobble to allow Arlo to use the camera as there are in other apps. thanx for any info... 

Rick5472
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently it shows in my "Library" on my Arlo PC app and on my IOS app as a "manual" pic or video however it was not showing up immediately. I just noticed it today. There is nothing stored on my iPhone or iPad. Is that supposed to happen?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry Guys can't help much as mentioned, the older OS ( 9.3.5 / older ipad ) seems to be the factor.

What I have is obv different.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rick5472,

Content is saved on the Arlo cloud (under library within the app) automatically. If you choose to download the content locally (manually tapping the download button in the library) the content will then be saved to the device you're using to view (in your case it will download to your photos on iOS). Content will not be stored on your mobile device automatically.

JamesC