Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro product registration

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
EvaEva
Guide
Guide

I can't register the product, I keep getting an error message that the product has been registered by a representative.  Seems to me this is a problem for other people too, and has not been resolved by the company.  I've sent an email to support a few days ago, never got a reply.

13 REPLIES 13
chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also tried to register my new arlo pro but the only registry is (event) registry that I could find.

EvaEva
Guide
Guide

I don't understand, were you able to register the product?

chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, I could not register. I wanted to register my new Arlo Pro so Netgear would have proof that I own the product in case of a defect or recall. There was no paper work in my boxed system to show where or how to register. 

EvaEva
Guide
Guide

I have the same difficulty.  It's an expensive product and I want to make sure I register it just in case there is an issue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go here;

https://my.netgear.com/register/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I tried to register I was told my Product had already been registered by a support representative.

Thanks, TomMac

EvaEva
Guide
Guide

Thank you for replying, I've tried several times on the link to register the product.   This is the error message I keep getting.  " This serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative"  

When I try to activate a support card this is the message I get

"You don't not have any registered products.  You must register the product before you can activate the support card"

This is insane!  I'm so upset, it's not like I have never registered a product before.  I've emailed the support page for help, I'm still waiting to get a response.  Terrible customer service!  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EvaEva,

Do you have a case number open with support that I could reference to review this issue? Feel free to private message me this information along with your email address you are using for your Arlo account and I will assist.

chuck159,

Please private message me with your email address and I will take a look to see if you're product has been registered correctly.

JamesC

chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Pro must be registered because I got notice from Amazon stating that my product is registered and they would like me to answer a customers question about the pro. They must know I have a Pro because I ordered 3 skins from Amazon. Still not sure how they know my Pro is registered... 

EvaEva
Guide
Guide

I disagree.  Amazon knows that you bought the product, that doesn't mean that it's been registered with Arlo Pro.  Did you ever register the serial number in your name?  Does Arlo Netgear sent you an email confirmation?  

The point I'm trying to make is they have a registration page that simply doesn't work.  When I tried to open up a case for this, I got an error message that first I have to register my product before I'm able to open up a case. 

EvaEva
Guide
Guide

James, 

I don't have a case number, because when I tried to open up a case, I got an error message that first I need to register my product. I feel that I've been jumping trough hoops just to register a very expensive product. What happens if a consumer have a defective product?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EvaEva,

I have sent you a private message regarding this topic.

JamesC

Carol-Lee
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that the Registration happens at time of purchase. It may be from the purchase of the Protection Plan. I too have tried multiple times to register the product with the company, but it replys that the SN # is already registered.