Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 63 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Erniem23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two H6 cameras that frequently go into pixelation. The cameras are plugged in all the time with a battery inserted into the camera. It does not matter if the camera has a battery. The cure is restarting the bridge. My other cameras are H8's and do not have any issues.

Please advise a solution.

Thanks

Ernie 

63 REPLIES 63
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erniem23 wrote:

Interesting, I just went in and reset the zoom and the pixelation went away and the video is clear.

I did not reset the hub. The issue appears to be in the camera relating to electronic zooming.

Thanks for following up.

One last thing that might be worth trying is to zoom in the other cameras, and see if the problem also happens there.  It's not clear if your problem is specific to the h6 camera revision or not.

Erniem23
Aspirant
Aspirant

They are zoomed and have never had an issue. the issue is only with the H6 cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erniem23 wrote:

They are zoomed and have never had an issue. the issue is only with the H6 cameras.

Good to know, thx.

@JamesC - I think this is something Arlo should investigate/fix.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will pass the details shared here along to the development team for further investigation.

JamesC

Erniem23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please keep me informed when they have a fix, I will be glad to test it.

Thanks

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

FWIW, I have H3 and H4 cameras versions that suffer from the pixelation.

When they are zoomed out to full size the pixelation doesn’t occur instead the camera video stops streaming on demand.

Erniem23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting the defect has been around for awhile.

I assume those are older models.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

FWIW, I have H3 and H4 cameras versions that suffer from the pixelation.

When they are zoomed out to full size the pixelation doesn’t occur instead the camera video stops streaming on demand.

A little bit different, since @Erniem23's H6 cameras do livestream when zoomed out.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@StephenB ,

The streaming failure is not immediately seen same as the pixelation effect which is a symptom that eventually leads to the streaming failure.

The problem has been about since 2019 and been reported by others here on the forum.

The camera daily resets by arlo helps to keep the problem from recurring.

Erniem23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Daily resets is not a viable solution for security cameras especially ones that carry the price tag of Arlo's. 

This defect needs to be fixed.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Erniem23 ,

I don’t disagree, it would be nice to have it resolved before the EOL date.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erniem23 wrote:

Daily resets is not a viable solution

If I had this issue, I'd prefer to leave my cameras zoomed out (since I can always zoom in the recordings if I need to). But it'd be better to fix it. 

It is odd that it only seems to happen with specific hardware revisions, and that might make it tricky for Arlo to figure out what's happening.

Erniem23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I plan on leaving the cameras zoomed out until resolved.

Actually I think it would be easy for them to resolve this issue. We have done a ton of debugging and problem determination for them. We know the specific model of the hardware that has the issue. We know it is re-creatable . I am an IT person, I wish someone would give me this much information on a defect as we have done for them. This issue is do they want to fix it.

Thanks 

dillbrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having the same problem with arlo pro 3 floodlight.everything has been great for over a year,now for couple months i cannot see anything video is terrible.have done all the troubleshooting.you have a problem with multiple if your products.what are you doing to fix this

Screenshot_20230522_161821_Arlo Secure.jpg