Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grainy and pixelated video quality, camera's have 3 bars

Discussion stats
DanG38
Initiate
Initiate

Hi all - I've been reading other video quality issues so I tried to check a few things myself before posting.  I am a new owner (setup the 3 pack Arlo Pro from Costco this weekend).  My kitchen camera which is very close to the Arlo base, works great.  No laggy video, not choppy or grainy.  My outdoor & basement cameras (probably about 40 and 20 feet from the base) is quite the opposite.  When I walk past the camera, the video lags and there is a "ghost" image of me that stays frozen for a few seconds before fading.

I tried a test - and swapped the outdoor camera with the kitchen one.  The kitchen camera which was working great inside, worked poorly outside (same image issues).

Both the outside & basement camera's have 3 full bars for reception - and my Google tested internet speed is 50 over 18, not sure whatelse to try here.  I dont see a point in factory resetting the cameras, since the kitchen camera was working excellent indoors.

Any ideas?  I really want to love this system!  But I cant keep it if the outdoor video quality is this poor!  I primarily bought the cameras to keep an eye on my porch and driveway.

Thanks for your help!

33 REPLIES 33
dand12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the softward upgrade tha you speek of automatically sent to the cameras as they become available?

I set up my system just two weeks ago. I'm here in this forum because I"m ready to return my cameras as well. Terrible pixelization and resolution. No way this is 720.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes, the firmware updates are automatic. What versions are your cameras on?

szabi510
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear JamesC!

Hundreds of people here have intrerference and/or signal strength? Oh you just kidding?

I've bought today this set, but it was very expensive for this quality. Firmware is: 1.092.0.4_13099, is this help? Have you working solution for this? What can I do? 

thanks in advance

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

szabi510,

Recent firmware updates improvecd on the pixelation issue many users were experiencing. If you're still experiencing an issue, it could be due to poor signal strength or interference. Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

JamesC

szabi510
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Thanks your answer.
What kind of screenshot do you think?
Today I bought an Arlo camera. So I have 2 pcs camera: Arlo pro and Arlo. Same quality both of cameras.
Sorry for my poor english.

Sz
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sz,

Can you share one of your video links here? It will only be valid for 24H. We should be able to tell you if what you're seeing is way too far from normal

szabi510
Aspirant
Aspirant
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Arlo video of your front yard looks about right. The other two are a little grainy. Have you got the Video Settings video quality set to Best Video?

szabi510
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_1830.jpg

Yes. 

Today I change the arlo for Arlo pro while i cant buy RC123 batteries here and arlo has two ways audio etc... But these quality is very annoying.