Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Opinion:2 Hubs and 4 pro cameras or 1 hub and 6 pro cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dpovolo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I am debating and looking for opinion based on longer standing users. I can either get a package with 2 hubs and 4 pro cameras or a 1 hub and 6 camera package for nearly the same price. I am leaning towards the 2 hubs so I can always spread more cameras around and not worry about signal strength. Any opinions?
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"It depends." (TM)

Being able to spread the cameras out can be a good idea but more cameras might be more worthwhile. All depends on what you're after and need.

Dpovolo
Aspirant
Aspirant
To be honest I would sacrifice more cameras for a better optimized experience. Specifically
Time to load the image
Battery life
Viewing response time

My view is if two hubs does that better I can always but individual cameras in the future as needed.
Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"It depends." (TM)

Either way can make sense. More range or more cameras.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a note that no one else mentioned.....

If you run two bases, each one and the synced cameras to that base unit will be separate from the other.

Tho you can view all the cams in the same app/prgm, each base unit will have to be armed/scheduled/etc by it self.

So if you have Base 1 and cams 1,2,3 AND base 2 with cams 4,5.... you will have to armed each base or schedule each base and associated cameras separately.

Once again, it depends on what your needs are.... I like two bases as I use one for inside and one for outside the home... for me it's easy to turn off one set without making a lot of custom modes...YMMV

Also each group, inside and outside, can run on their own schedules

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------