Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Eraque22
Tutor
Tutor

I recently installed an Arlo Home security camera system.  When I first bought it, I linked it successfully to my Google Home account and my cameras were listed in the device list by their names in my Google Home app.  Initially they were named "camera ", "camera 2", etc.  I renamed the first couple cameras since I installed them in their finalized locations.  I unlinked my Arlo account and then re-linked it and the cameras reappeared with the two renamed cameras properly listed.  Everything seemed to be fine.  The next day, I installed a third camera and renamed it.  I did the same thing to try to get the camera list on Google Home updated with the proper names - unlinking my account and then re-linking it.  A message appears that my Arlo account was successfully linked, but this time, my cameras are NOT listed on the home control device list.  Furthermore, Google assistant acts as though they are not linked to my account.  Does anyone have any ideas to fix this.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the apps (home and arlo) to no avail.  I even posted this on the Google Home Product forum with no results other than the suggestion to say "sync my devices", which did nothing.  I just tried to link my account again tonight and it still doesn't work.  I'm curious if by me unlinking and then relinking my account those times caused this issue.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you for any assistance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Travisjara
Initiate
Initiate
I had the exact same issue. No matter how many time I linked the service to google home, Arlo would never show back up under devices after I had to reset the speaker. So I went back to devices to add Arlo and hit declined authorization ( not sure if necessary). Then went into my Arlo app renamed my cameras by adding a 1 after every camera name. Then went back into the google home app / home control / devices to link Arlo. Now this time after linking the two a device page came up with the Arlo cameras and their new device names (front yard1, door1,etc..). However instead of now adding the cameras to google home, I went back to Arlo and removed the 1 and re added back to the google home app under home control / devices. This time the cameras showed up again after linking and now had the apporiate name and now show under my devices / home control from the google home app. Everything working fine now. I’m not sure why this worked but no matter what I did before it would never show. After a simple camera rename in the Arlo app and then link to the google home app

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eraque22,

When you say you try linking your account again and it doesn't work, what are you seeing? Are you getting an error when attempting to link the account?

Are you following the steps shown here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

JamesC

Eraque22
Tutor
Tutor

I am following the steps precisely.  My Arlo account had been linked already to my Google Home account, but it stopped linking after the last time I "unlinked" the account.  When I attempt to link the account now, it pops up the familiar log in screen and I i press ok and a second (or two) later, a small message is displayed that the account was successfully link, only that it wasn't successfully linked.  No cameras on the google home device list any more where they had been.  I am at my wits end and have a feeling that it is some server side issue due to my multiple linking / unlinking.

mmorrismm
Guide
Guide
I am having the exact same problem. I have contacted Arlo support multiple times and nobody seems to know what they can do to fix it. I think since it was linked already and I unlinked it and tried to relink it again somehow it must have got stuck and needs to be released. At least that is my opinion. I have tried on three other devices and I seem to get this same cache error form resubmission. It also appears that the link for the oath is not resolving. I have also spoken to Google and they also feel that it is a problem on the Netgear Arlo website and their servers. It was initially working great and I purchased a new camera and since it did not see it I unlink and relinked and now I have not been able to link again.
Travisjara
Initiate
Initiate
I had the exact same issue. No matter how many time I linked the service to google home, Arlo would never show back up under devices after I had to reset the speaker. So I went back to devices to add Arlo and hit declined authorization ( not sure if necessary). Then went into my Arlo app renamed my cameras by adding a 1 after every camera name. Then went back into the google home app / home control / devices to link Arlo. Now this time after linking the two a device page came up with the Arlo cameras and their new device names (front yard1, door1,etc..). However instead of now adding the cameras to google home, I went back to Arlo and removed the 1 and re added back to the google home app under home control / devices. This time the cameras showed up again after linking and now had the apporiate name and now show under my devices / home control from the google home app. Everything working fine now. I’m not sure why this worked but no matter what I did before it would never show. After a simple camera rename in the Arlo app and then link to the google home app
mmorrismm
Guide
Guide
Thank you. Yes I played around with it myself and got it working again this time I was able to unlink and re-link and all four cameras show up. Thanks to no help of Arlo support. They were to call me back but never did.
Eraque22
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the solution.  I tried what you suggested and now it works perfectly!  a BIG thank you!