Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jjtollus
Guide
Guide

I have found that just getting a connection to my camera is too slow.  By the time I get a connection to my camera to see / talk live, the person is already gone.   Perfect example.  Dog barked at the FedEx guy today, before the camera even gave me a motion notice.  I opened the app, clicked live view, by the time I got a connection the FedEx guy was gone, my wife had gone out on the porch, collected the package and I caught the door as it was closing.  That's pathetic and a common experience.  I have over 100Mbps on my internet connection.  WiFi is over 300Mbps and my base station for Arlo is 20 feet from the camera.  It's useless.

I have owned my system for a loooong time.  Somewhere along the line netgear did a cloud 'upgrade' and it's been horrible trying to get a good response time from the cameras ever since.   I used to get a notice and had live view within seconds.  I could see if I wanted to answer the door or not.  Now by the time I get it the person knocking is gone, whether I wanted to answer or not.  Lord forbid I even try to talk to them.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @jjtollus,

Make sure your camera is close to the Base Station to ensure a stable connection and no interference and try to reboot your Base Station.

You also might want to try optimizing your motion detection. You can read more about it here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?