Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting connection to camera is too slow. When connected, person is already gone.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jjtollus
Guide
Guide

I have found that just getting a connection to my camera is too slow.  By the time I get a connection to my camera to see / talk live, the person is already gone.   Perfect example.  Dog barked at the FedEx guy today, before the camera even gave me a motion notice.  I opened the app, clicked live view, by the time I got a connection the FedEx guy was gone, my wife had gone out on the porch, collected the package and I caught the door as it was closing.  That's pathetic and a common experience.  I have over 100Mbps on my internet connection.  WiFi is over 300Mbps and my base station for Arlo is 20 feet from the camera.  It's useless.

I have owned my system for a loooong time.  Somewhere along the line netgear did a cloud 'upgrade' and it's been horrible trying to get a good response time from the cameras ever since.   I used to get a notice and had live view within seconds.  I could see if I wanted to answer the door or not.  Now by the time I get it the person knocking is gone, whether I wanted to answer or not.  Lord forbid I even try to talk to them.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @jjtollus,

Make sure your camera is close to the Base Station to ensure a stable connection and no interference and try to reboot your Base Station.

You also might want to try optimizing your motion detection. You can read more about it here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?