Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting Status Error Randomly Occurring

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MikeTheBike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro system. I use my phone to view the cameras and recording, and it works well.

I have granted access to my wife. She has the same type of phone that I have, and the Arlo system works well for her.

I have also granted access to my mother-in-law. She has a different phone - a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The Arlo system worked well for her for more than a year, but for the past couple of weeks, when she looks at the Devices tab within the Arlo app, all of the cameras are stuck on "Getting status..." She still gets motion notifications, and she can still play the recordings in the Library.

This is how I have tried to fix the problem:

1)  I signed out of her account, then signed in again. The "Getting status..." messages were gone, and I could click on a camera and see live video. However, if I went to the home screen on the phone, then returned to the Arlo app, all of the devices were once again stuck on "Getting status..." I have done this repeatedly with the same results.

2)  I Force Stopped the Arlo app, then opened it again. Just as above, the Arlo app initially worked well, but if I returned to the home screen, then opened the Arlo app again, all of the cameras were once again stuck on "Getting status..." I have done this repeatedly with the same results.

3)  I deleted the Arlo app, then reinstalled it. The results were the same as above.

4)  I pressed the reset button on the back of the base station, then waited for the three lights in front of the base station to turn green. The results were the same as above.

5)  I unplugged the power adapter from the base station and waited for a few minutes. Then I plugged it in again and waited for the three lights in front of the base station to turn green. The results were the same as above.

My mother-in-law really counts on being able to view live video. I would appreciate any suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeTheBike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed my Mother-in-Law's access to my account, then re-added her. That worked for a couple of days. Then the same problem came up. This time we were able to fix it simply by having her log out, then in again.

For some reason the Arlo app and her Samsung Galaxy Note 8 just don't get along with each other. It seems like at least once a week we have to go through some kind of hassle to maintain her access to my account.

I'll be glad to supply any other needed information to provide a more stable solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Arlo Mobile App is currently installed on the phone? Also, what version of Android is the phone running?

MikeTheBike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response!

The Arlo mobile app is 2.7.9_25600

The phone is running Android version 9. I think that is "Pie".

I have attached an image that shows a lot of info on the phone.

Please let me know if I can help with anything.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove her access and re add her to your account? You can also try to remove the cameras she has access to and re-add them.

MikeTheBike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll try that and get back to you in a day or two.

Thanks

MikeTheBike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed my Mother-in-Law's access to my account, then re-added her. That worked for a couple of days. Then the same problem came up. This time we were able to fix it simply by having her log out, then in again.

For some reason the Arlo app and her Samsung Galaxy Note 8 just don't get along with each other. It seems like at least once a week we have to go through some kind of hassle to maintain her access to my account.

I'll be glad to supply any other needed information to provide a more stable solution.