Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro wouldn't charge after first cycle. Contacted support team and sent me replacement

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NickMarsan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone. So my battery on my Arlo Pro camera would not charge after its first cycle. I spent an hour on the phone with tech support trying to remedy the situation to no avail. Next step, Arlo sent me a replacement battery....another hour on the phone with tech support and nothing worked -- so, Arlo told me they were going to send me a replacement camera, all I had to do was fill out a RMA and give my credit card info for the shipping of the replacement camera and sending back of the inoperable one. My credit card was charged on April 10th and finally, after almost 4 weeks I called to see what was up. The first person I talked to told me to call back the next day. The second person I talked to pretty much said the same. Today, I was told I needed to upgrade a firewall for $100 dollars before I could get my replacement camera. There does not seem to be anyone to air my grievances on this issue to. Can anybody help me????

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

To ensure that you are not getting ripped off, make sure that you only use the support contact details listed here

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

NickMarsan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you -- this is where I'm getting information to contact support.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't known who you talked to, but it prob wasn't all Arlo....

did you google a number to talk to?.. The only valid  support is via the support page;  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Contact above and confirm

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@NickMarsan,

I have never heard of Arlo charging to upgrade the firewall and I don't believe they even will do that. Are you sure you contacted the REAL Arlo support? Something is not right here. If you gave out your credit card info, check your statement and see what company placed the charge on the card.

Brian