Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Mbrown78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had this camera for about 1 month. I’ve always used geofencing to arm(record when motion detected/disarm) . For the first three weeks it recorded daily. For the last 6 days, nothing shows up in my library. It will manually record and record by schedule (both show in library). I have taken out the apostrophe in device name, turned on/off in the app and location services on iPhone. All software for ALL devices are up to date. Any suggestions???
9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is aware of this issue and hopes to have a fix available very soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information on the fix.

JamesC

Mbrown78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks!
Nichole4FSU
Aspirant
Aspirant

So much for hoping to have it resolved "very soon." Update??

Mbrown78
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s still not working and I haven’t heard anything since. I was wanting to buy an additional camera, but I’ve decided to hold off on that.
Mbrown78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates yet? It has been over two weeks since it stopped working properly.
enjoychewy
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC So... It's April now. You said you would update your customers "soon". In what world is 10 days considered "soon" for a simple update? I would hazard a guess that Netgear has no idea how to fix it or are dragging their feet on the issue. I have contacted your customer service via live chat, Australian and international Facebook pages AND here and I am unsatisfied by the non-responsive nature of your team. Is this how Netgear supports customers? This is certainly the LAST time I purchase Netgear products and I shall NEVER recommend your products to anyone.

Jharvey189
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree. I bought this unit because of the geofencing option. Had I known it was only a pipe dream, I would've bought something else.

enjoychewy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Suddenly, on the 8th of May 2018, the Mode control tab disappeared. The app hasn't even updated via the Google Play store. Wow. Just wow. Netgear's coding team must be a bunch of Muppets! Miss Piggy needs to get her whip out.

MeanGene
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the year and a half I've been using Arlo, Geofencing has never worked for me no matter what settings I use.