Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hallinmas
Initiate
Initiate

I have Arlo Pro cameras and just today my geofencing is not working. I am home and the app says that I am "In Zone", yet it is saying that the system is armed. I also noticed that Arlo Smart is not filtering, and it is allowing all motion for one of my cameras to come through when it should only be People. Is there a bug? Any help would be appreciated. I already tried unplugging the base station and restarting. Thanks!

932 REPLIES 932
BrianP53
Star
Star
Mine is working but using iPhone
Nadigator
Guide
Guide
After receiving a note from ARLO that the issue was caused by some system outage, it started working today... I can see now my mode being shown as @Home/schedule/custom mode correctly. Using iPhone 8+
Monkey_501
Guide
Guide
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Saw that too, wonder why they keep using netgear domain ie arlo.netgear.com
dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm in Australia (QLD), Geofencing still broken for me, I got 2x IOS devices (iPhone 8 & 6s+) and 1x Android (Note8)

I got two Arlo system, Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2, tried reboot both base stations, disable all geofencing devices and re-add them to the list again. 

it's now worse than before, will not arm when devices leave geofencing zone, let along disarm when devices are in the zone which already broken since 20/21th update.

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant

No help after a reboot either. Geofence still not cooperating. All devices iOS

roowho
Tutor
Tutor

Have you updated to ios 12.3.1?  Mine worked after I did.

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

@roowho wrote:

Have you updated to ios 12.3.1?  Mine worked after I did.

yup, all iOS devices are up-to-date with v12.3.1, iOS App on 2.7.10 (91) 28th May 2019 release.

Android App on v2.7.11_25630, 21st May 2019 release

Geofencing still broken

BrianP53
Star
Star
Yes but I think it was working before I did
Freman2
Guide
Guide

The investors press-release had a few laughs in it....

"<snip>.. cutting-edge AI capabilities focuses on delivering a seamless, smart home experience for Arlo users that is easy to setup and interact with every day. The company’s cloud-based platform provides users with visibility, insight and a powerful means to help protect and connect in real-time with the people and things that matter most, from any location with a Wi-Fi or a cellular connection...<snip>"

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Still rubbish. Worked once. Has now made both phones unavailable.
Good cameras, crap software. Get new software writers, and get back to us.
LiCi
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a joke now. So after they reckon it is fixed, somehow it has worked for me for the last 2 days. But today, Arlo detected device is out of zone but doesn't arm and when in zone it also doesn't disarm.

Before it was still able to "arm" when we leave the zone.....WTF ARLO ...your camera cost a bomb and yet your support and software sucks.

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine (Ultra on iOS) is working now. I did reboot my hub.
LiCi
Apprentice
Apprentice

same, doesn't arm for me anymore when I leave zone where as previously it still able to arm. getting frustrated now.

I am on iOS whith latest 12.3.1

curtt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Geofencing not working correctly here either -- shows both devices (iOS) out of zone, but the system is disarmed.  I have rebooted the base station, and that did not help.  Firmware: 1.12.2.1_2798.  This stopped working a week or two ago.

Gtg493q
Tutor
Tutor
My wife and I are both away and geofencing did not enable away mode. Someone came into our apartment the other day and I want to know about it when we are both home. This error is not something I would like to wonder about. I need something that will reliably go away when we are outside the geofence. Please advise. I tried all the normal trouble shooting of resetting geofencing switch on and off, as well as enabled and disabled our enabled devices. Finally on 3rd removal of our two phones it picked it back up.

This is quite discomforting, given someone had come into our apartment just a few days ago, unauthorized
Gtg493q
Tutor
Tutor
As an update it happened again. Did not work. I tried even resetting the system.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team is aware that some users are still experiencing issues with the geofencing capability and this feature may not be working as expected. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team further investigates this matter. We will provide an update on this issue by 3PM PT/June 6, 2019.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP wrote:

Our team is aware that some users are still experiencing issues with the geofencing capability and this feature may not be working as expected. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team further investigates this matter. We will provide an update on this issue by 3PM PT/June 6, 2019.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

Why you guys close off this thread as "solved" yesterday while clearly Geofencing issue still occurring?

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m going on 2 days with no further issues. I wish there was something I could do to help those who are still affected.
Greck
Guide
Guide

I have one iPhone setup for Geofencing along with a Custom Schedule for night time. Mine is still working fine. I tried it out today by modifying the schedule for today to revert to the Custom Mode and the cameras I put in the Custom Mode became Armed and then I travelled outside of the zone and the other cameras also become Armed and I received Notification that I was Away. When I reentered the Zone it went back to the Schedule with only the designated cameras remains Armed. When the Scheduled ended everything went back to Home mode. 

For me it is working as intended. I have version 2.7.10(91) Released May 28, 2019. Firmware 1.12.2.1_2798.

Good luck.

LiCi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@sacornel out of curiosity, what are you using? ios or android? if ios, is it on latest 12.3.1?

Seems like those not working are mostly on ios platform.

brubble
Guide
Guide

We are on v 2.7.10 still not working. Arlo keeps putting out that it’s solved but they haven’t fixed it yet. My last conversation with support they advised they would let me know when they fix it and nothing has been said yet 

brubble
Guide
Guide

I have been on the phone with support 10 times and every time it works for 1 day then stops again

sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

IOS version 12.4