Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
alceryes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking for an answer to this post from last year -

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Geofencing-and-personal-data/td-p/1568170

1) Does Arlo store my geolocation data?

2) Does Arlo use my geolocation data for anything other than arming or disarming my Arlo devices? Does Arlo sell, give, or share my geolocation data to third parties, subsidiaries, or partners?

I am thinking about switching to a different device that expressly states that they DO NOT use my geolocation data for anything other than arming or disarming my devices, but hoping I don't have to.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @alceryes

Have you tried contacting customer support about this information? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

alceryes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think this is a support question. Do you?

These questions can be easily answered by someone 'in the know' with a simple yes or no.

alceryes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still haven't received an answer.

Is anyone from Arlo willing to answer my questions? A simple yes or no will do.

alceryes
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would really be great if someone from arlo could give a "yes" or "no" to this.

People are concerned about their security and privacy and deserve an open statement from arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @alceryes

For more information on data collection and Arlo's privacy policy, take a look here: Privacy Policy  

alceryes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

So, in reading through the privacy policy, there seems to be a contradiction in Arlo's policy. 3-d contradicts 4-b. Arlo can share my personal information for 'marketing communications' with anyone who 'performs services' for Arlo and Arlo offers no expanded explanation regarding who those services providers are or guidelines on how they are to use my information.

It would've been nice for Arlo to solidly make the stance that they do not collect, store, or use my personal information for any purpose other than the functionally of their products.

For anyone following this thread - Arlo can use your personal information for marketing and send it to their 'service providers' [read: third parties] with no control over how those third parties use your info [period].

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@alceryes wrote:

... Arlo offers no expanded explanation regarding who those services providers are ...

Actually there is some information here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/gdpr/default.aspx