Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chapindad
Aspirant
Aspirant

You need to allow us to link the recordings together when motion or audio is detected.  I would love to have one Camera detect motion/audio and then have other cameras, of my chossing, to start recording also.

Also need to allow us to change the time for how long a recording should last after motion/audio is detected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is already possible by creating a custom mode. Use one camera to trigger another like this:

Cam1 detects, cam1 records

Cam1 detects, cam2 records

Cam2 detects, cam2 records

Cam2 detects, cam1 records

It seems to work best when the recording time is the same for each rule. All settings, including recording time are in the rules. Check the FAQs here for complete details.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is already possible by creating a custom mode. Use one camera to trigger another like this:

Cam1 detects, cam1 records

Cam1 detects, cam2 records

Cam2 detects, cam2 records

Cam2 detects, cam1 records

It seems to work best when the recording time is the same for each rule. All settings, including recording time are in the rules. Check the FAQs here for complete details.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I use a custom mode exactly as Jguerdat said.  The two cameras record on motion detection and trigger each other to record as well.
Differently, I actually have the trigger camera record for 30 seconds while the other one records for 45 seconds. I did this because both videos will say they were motion triggered so in order to know which camera first detected the motion, I gave them different recording times. It works really well.

Have a look through the FAQs on how to create custom recording modes and have a play with the different way you can configure all the rules in those modes

Chapindad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot.  I had looked at the custom trigger but I did not go very far, obviously.  But that is pretty cool.  I have things setup now.