Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Applegeuse
Star
Star
I had an issue the other day where I had to sign into the app over and over. Support reccomended uninstall and reinstall the app. That fixed the sign in issue... now everytime the app makes a notification I get it twice. Its plays the notification sound twice, vibrates twice, and shows 2 notifications in the pull down for one event.... I have a Samsung S8 Android.
76 REPLIES 76
Jimac1888
Initiate
Initiate
@Paul_FCCL Virtuoso

Just fixed my wife’s Samsung S6 without a factory reset. She was receiving four times Arlo notifications. Here’s how: go to settings, backup and reset, turn off automatic restore, uninstall Arlo app, reinstall Arlo app, turn automatic restore back on, then test. Hope this works for you.

This worked for me.
Neo-Ind
Aspirant
Aspirant

This step worked for me! Thank you!

• Uninstall the Arlo app
  • Go into Android "Settings", then "Cloud and Accounts", then "Backup and restore"
  • Down on the bottom there’s a toggle that’s says "Automatic restore", toggle that off
  • Next, tap on "Google Account" (in the same menu)
  • And at the top there’s a toggle that says, "Back up to Google Drive", toggle that off
  • It will give you a warning that you are about to delete your backup, "Confirm and delete"
  • Go back to the last screen
  • If you have a Samsung phone and are using a Samsung account for backup, turn that off and delete as well
  • Reboot the Phone
  • Sign into the phone and reinstall the Arlo app
  • Launch the Arlo app, sign in, go to settings, notifications, choose your notification tone, back out and then close the Arlo app
  • Go into Android "Settings", then "Cloud and Accounts", then "Backup and restore", turn back on Automatic Restore, your Google back up, and your Samsung backup (if needed)
  • Test your Arlo notification sound, hopefully you only have one sound now