Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does The Arlo Cameras Record Your voice When Talking Through The Microphone?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mespi56923
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I noticed that if I’m recording a live feed and try to use the microphone to speak to someone at my door, when you playback the video, you don’t hear the conversation. Why is that? It’s just audioless during the conversation. I mean the people can hear me, the playback has those sections audioless.

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The recording should hear the person at the camera....but it will not record you talking.

unless something has changed in the last few months

Have you tested it on another device or PC?

( it never recorded your voice in the past )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mespi56923
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn’t hear the person at the cameras end. There is a three second lag. But I couldn’t hear them. I wouldn’t know if this has changed. I only just started using this the last three weeks. I haven’t tested it via a desktop computer. Just so far on my iPhone 7 Plus.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi pi56923,

Have you tried going out and testing the sound recording with your camera again? Do you have another camera you can test with?

mespi56923
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi,

i only have one arlo pro camera, since i live in an apartment in NYC. i guess i'll try using my laptop at home to see how that works.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your base station & remove and resync your camera. If this doesn't help , I have provided the link for Arlo Technical Support to further assist you with this issue.

Arlo Tech Support

mespi56923
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks, but yes, i have resynced my arlo pro camera to the base. I was having issues with the camera connecting to the base, so i resynced them last week. and the problem still persists with the audio not coming through properly as i explained above.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mespi56923,

You can try and reset your base station, this would require claiming the base station ans adding the cameras again. I have provided the link for Arlo Technical Support to further escalate your issue. Arlo Tech Support

mespi56923
Aspirant
Aspirant

resyncing and resetting are not the same i suppose?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct. A reset makes you start fresh as if a new system. You can do this by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices. Then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras.

mespi56923
Aspirant
Aspirant

so all i need to do is remove the camera and than re-add the device to reset?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi mespi56923,

If you would like to perform a factory reset, I have provided the KB Article with directions on how to achieve this.

How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?