Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do the cameras connect to the base station or to my Wi-Fi?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
TheKindrats
Follower
Follower

Im wondering if there is a way to have the cameras connect to my wi_fi and not the network thats put out by the Base station?

i have wireless access points throughout the house and we get great wifi even in the farthest spots in the back yard, but i cant connect 2 of the cameras, myu guess is becaus ethe base station is too far away.

is there any way to change the setting anf have it connect to my wifi network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master
No. You'll either need to move the base station to a more central location or consider getting a second base station. A recent thread said you might be able to have your cameras connect to a Netgear R7000 router but the firmware is old and beta.
If you get a second base station, you can see all the cameras from one account but you won't be able to trigger cameras on one station with those on the other

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Only the Q cameras can do this because they just connect to your WiFi. The wireless cameras must use a base.
steve_t
Master Master
Master
No. You'll either need to move the base station to a more central location or consider getting a second base station. A recent thread said you might be able to have your cameras connect to a Netgear R7000 router but the firmware is old and beta.
If you get a second base station, you can see all the cameras from one account but you won't be able to trigger cameras on one station with those on the other