Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How set up Arlo Pro when home?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
babyduke
Star
Star

When I have to manually turn on/off the cameras when leaving/coming home if I don't want motion detect alerts/recordings?  This is so cumbersome.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The easiest way is to set a schedule. Of course, that won't work for everyone. Otherwise, you'll need to either use the On/Off switch in Settings, My Devices, your cameras or set the mode to disarmed.
Ducktaper
Star
Star

Another option is to utilize the geo-fencing set-up, found in the Rules section. For me, the geo-fencing option (which is labelled as "beta", so may not work everywhere) automatically "arms" my system when my cellphone leaves the area and is about 3 blocks away from my camera system. It automatically "disarms" when the phone reappears with that same geo-bubble. As a bonus, when either action happens, I receive a push notification of the current status action. I'm very impressed with this feature so far. The app (for me, android) allows a geo-fence area selection of small to large and displays the approximate "geo-fence" circle on a map, with your base-station shown as the center dot. Good luck.