Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Do I need another Arlo pro base station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dynarider68
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro cameras and 1 base station at my home. I am currently using 2 cameras at my home but want to put the other 2 cameras on my other property that is less then 1000 ft away. I currently do not have wifi at the other property. I have a guy that is going to get me wifi there with a repeater. Do I need an additional base station to make this work or what do I need to do? If I need another base station do I also need another router to plug the base into? Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

1000 ft away will probably need another base. Guess you could always try sync the cameras and then walk away and position them where you want and see if there's any signal

If you need another base, it needs an internet connection via ethernet port so a range extender or AP/router would be required

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1000 feet absolutely will need a second base.  It will also be an issue for the WiFi extenders although there may be super extenders that will handle this distance.  As long as the extender has an Ethernet port, the base can be plugged in.  Just make sure that the data rate from the extender to the router is at least 1Mb/s or more.