Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mshlick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did a 30 sec Reset to the Arlo Pro Base Station to overcome its Offline problem.

Adding device using PC app fails with message "Http failure response for https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/devices/claimDevice: 404 Not Found".

Trying iPhone app fails when trying to update the firmware with "Firmware could not be updated" message.

It maybe related that I didn't remove devices before resetting the Base Station.

Is there a way to reset the ownership so I'll be able to claim the Base Station from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mshlick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick response.

Somehow without any additional action from my side, just kept the Base Station powered on and connected to the network, I got a notification of some old alert, the middle network LED changed from amber to green, and then I was able to define the Base Station and the cameras.

So my guess that it was somehow related to the Arlo server and the FW update process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure all devices have been removed in Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot so the power and Internet LEDs are green. Try claiming again.

mshlick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick response.

Somehow without any additional action from my side, just kept the Base Station powered on and connected to the network, I got a notification of some old alert, the middle network LED changed from amber to green, and then I was able to define the Base Station and the cameras.

So my guess that it was somehow related to the Arlo server and the FW update process.