Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Defective Arlo pro cameras. Camera is still under warranty but not being replaced.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ConnieD
Follower
Follower

I have two cameras out of four that are defective. One was defective from when I first purchased it. No matter whether I shut the camera off or shut the base station off the camera will continue to record resulting in 30 to 40 recordings when my lawn care people are at the house. Makes the battery deplete fast. After going through all of the steps that Arlo recommended including removing it from the account and then adding it back which did not work, it did not fix the problem and we are unable to get the camera back onto my account, this camera, which is still under warranty, is not being replaced because Arlo wants a credit card number to get their defective camera back and they want me to pay for the return shipping. So they are not honoring their warranty, they are holding my replacement camera hostage unless I give a credit card number.

The second camera that is defective has water intrusion. The camera no longer works. That complaint is still hanging in limbo. Arlo has told me several times that someone would be calling. The one time that they did call I was unable to answer. They have told me several times after that that they would be calling and then no one does. We have these crappy Arlo pro cameras in another house and one of the cameras had water intrusion. Arlo sent a replacement camera to my husband who is at that house, along with a return label and did not charge him to return the defective camera. When I asked why they didn’t want to charge him but they want to charge me, they said it’s because that camera had water intrusion. What’s the difference, a defective camera is a defective camera. I have two cameras that are defective and both are under warranty. Arlo is also ignoring complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau. It’s time for Arlo to be sued in court.

This is one of the worst, if not the worst, company I have ever dealt with. I have never had to pay to return a defective item back to a company if the company wanted the item back. Refusal to honor their warranty by insisting on receipt of a credit card number to make me pay to ship the defective camera that THEY want back is illegal and fraudulent on their part. Stay far away from this company and their products!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ConnieD,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your experience with the support team.