Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Slagish
Star
Star

While trying to edit other users account, under settings > Grant Access > Selected User and edit that user; when I check the cameras I want to give access to (or Remove access to) and click save, I get the error "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again." 

I've tried doing this same process on the website and although it doesn't give me the error, it doesn't do anything to the user account. Doesnt remove cameras, or adds them.  I went ahead and trie dto delete the user but the user stays in my account under Grant Access, but now the user doesnt have access to any of the cameras and I cannot add them back either.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Slagish,

I tested this today and could not reproduce the issue. Are you still experiencing this error message? What model device are/were you seeing this on?

JamesC

Slagish
Star
Star
Hey JamesC, yes we’re still having this issue.

I’m currently using an iPhone 6s+ iOS 10.4.

I just tried to delete my wife’s account from the shared group and I still get that same error.

James do you have a workaround to maybe resync our accounts? I’ve tried deleting the app and re-singing in and still get the same error. Also, ever since I tried to delete her account, she no longer has access to any of the cameras and I can not add hem back because I get that same error.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Slagish,

It looks like this issue is going to take some further troubleshooting to better understand. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

andresfb3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I ran into this issue as well and spent countless hours with support.  This is what it came down to.

I have not done this because it will wipe out all my motion/alerting settings.  I was able to create a new email account for my wife and have her use everything that way as a work around.  Now that i purchased the arlo door bell i cannot add it to her account.  This is frustrating.  At least if there was a way to save my settings that would be great.

1. Reset the base station
2. Change the primary account to dummy email
3. Re-install the system using NEW TO ARLO button with the original email
4. Login to the grant access account and change it to a dummy email
5 . Re-dd the email add as a grant access account