Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't connect Arlo Pro Base Station to Internet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mo-user197
Aspirant
Aspirant

System arrived today.  Was following steps as outlined in manual.  Camera batteries in?  Check.  Base connected to router?  Via a NetGear ProSafe GS105 router switch, but Check.  Power on?  Check.  Power button changes from amber to green.  Skips internet connection status light and goes to camera status light (amber).

I have moved the provided ethernet cable to all 4 ports with no change.  Each port shows a positive connection to internet.

Service is provided through Spectrum (formerly Charter)

I have shut off, unplugged and restarted the system with the same result 4 times.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you mean the Internet LED is off. That means no connection to the router. You changed ports but did you change cables? Might be hard to miss but is the cable fully plugged in on each end? Try a reset of the base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Verify that you see the Internet LED changing colors/blinks to prove it works. Restart your router.

If all fails, swap at the store.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Maybe I looked up the wrong product, but what I found was the Prosafe GS105 is an unmanaged switch, not a router. Doesn't appear to hand out IP addresses via dhcp, it's just a switch. Do you have this switch plugged into a router? If so try plugging the arlo base directly into the router. Or do you have a modem/router combo device?

mo-user197
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. Here’s what I have done so far:

1: switched ports on Ethernet switch - no improvement
2. switched cables. - no improvement
3. Connected the base directly to the router - no luck.

Each time something new was tried, I turned off and unplugged the base. I also rebooted the router. Same results

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ok, if you're confident that your not blocking any ports on the router or that your ISP isn't blocking any ports, try connecting the arlo base directly to your modem. If you don't get internet plugged directly into the modem and no blocking is in place then it sounds like a defective base.