Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
Nalleballe
Tutor
Tutor

Day 3... nothing, still can´t log in with my PC

"You can be logged in to NETGEAR Arlo on another tab in the browser. Close the tab before proceeding. You can also try restarting the browser or deleting cookies from the browser before attempting to log in again.."

I hate Arlo

Joannrbenj
Tutor
Tutor
Delete the base from app on your fone. Go into settings and remove it.. Add it once again like when u first purchased it and did your set up. Use a pin and press the reset button at the back of the base. Press for about 15 seconds until the lights at the front begin to flash green. You will have to sync your cameras again. Press sync at the top of the base for 5 seconds, next press sync on your camera. Repeat step for each camera. Hope this helps. Any problems just Google how to remove Arlo base from app and re add. Give it a try. All da best
Nalleballe
Tutor
Tutor

remove this reset that recynk this yada yada yada.....

Still:

You can be logged in to NETGEAR Arlo on another tab in the browser. Close the tab before proceeding. You can also try restarting the browser or deleting cookies from the browser before attempting to log in again.

and my internet works just fine....

brh
Master
Master

@Nalleballe

There were several problems that happened all at the same time so that is why there are so many different solutions being offered. One must do the solution for the problem he/she is having.

The first problem that happened was that Arlo made some changes that required deleting all old and expired cookies. This worked for some people but not for others. I deleted my complete browsing history in each of the browsers that I use, (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer). That way I cleated not only my cookies but also cleared my cache in each browser. That solved that problem for me.

Shortly thereafter I noticed that my original base station was offline in both the browsers and on my ios app. I removed the power from my base station for one minute then plugged the power back on and let the base boot back up. That solved the problem for me. I did not need to do a factory reset. My Pro base station never had a problem.

At the same time, Arlo released an upgrade for the Android app which is still not working properly.

I hope this helps you as I do not know the extent of the problems you are having, but hopefully, if you clear your entire browsing history, you will be able to log in to your browser.

Brian

Hooge5
Guide
Guide
FINALLY BACK ONLINE! This morning I unplugged the power for a couple of monutes(for the 100th time) & it seems to be working normally now.
Cisco2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same exact issue and it's been going on for several days.  I can get in my phone (android) but not on my home computer !

TKBear
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem:  I can view Live and Library via smart phone but not on Computer...is anyone from Arlo/Netgear going to issue a statement as to when they expect to fix the problem?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As stated in a few places upthread, this may be the solution for browser issues getting into GUI:

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If using Firefox, follow the instructions listed here: How to clear the Firefox cache

If using the mobile app, check the app store and be sure you have the latest version available downloaded and installed.

You should then be able to log in.

JamesC

This was my solution

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

By the way, I had already cleared the Chrome cache the regular way and it did not fix it, until I did the specific clearing of the Arlo cache as described above.

Cisco2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Joe - thank you so much  - it worked !  I used your link and cleared my cookies from my arlo.com and I am now able to login and get my camera view!  

I had cleared my cookies through Chrome and still couldn't get in but it was your help that cleared my arlo cookies !

Appreciate your prompt and effective assistance !!

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC I have tried your links and done all the data browsing, cookies & cache clearing, I am still unable to log in to the website to view my camera's. I am in Australia and haven't had a problem until last Thursday when I was logged in and got the message "you may be logged in on another device" I am able to see the "add Device" for a second when trying to login but then it just goes back to login screen. I have this problem on Chrome, Explorer, Firefox and Edge I have cleared everything on all browsers with the same result. Can you terll me when this will be fixed? I am able to login on my Android devices.

Monica

Shpblder
Star
Star
If you done the clearing cashe thing then reboot computer if don't work reset base station to default and reinstall using computer
Joannrbenj
Tutor
Tutor

I can also view camera on my mobile, but not on my computer. This is Rubbish!

MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same problem so I had to go into my browser's preferences and clear the cookies for Arlo and Netgear and restart computer and I got the cameras back on my desktop. I hope this helps.

TKBear
Initiate
Initiate

I cleared the cache and cookies and now everything is working fine.  I understand there had been a power outage.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

So this morning I am able to login on Chrome again without resetting the base or camera's, I haven't done anything different since clearing history, cache, cookie and browing history mutiple times over the last 4 days. I'm guessing whatever was "broken " has now been fixed by Arlo.

Jago94
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a lenthy chat with a netgear rep I was finally able to get mine back up the other day, and view the cameras via the android app (setting up my system from scratch basically), but my chrome browser did not work and I got the "logged into another tab" message.  Finally after reading thru this thread this worked.

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

deleting all the files did the trick.

sqco
Tutor
Tutor

we installed the arlo pro with 4 cameras at my 84 year old moms house to help monitor her.  after 2 years of nearly error free service, this system, a couple of weeks ago after an update, it decides to require me to log in or reinstall app.  several times a day,  this is not good at all.  Just prior to that update issue, I ordered and recieved a new Arl Pro 2 with 5 1080p cameras.  I will say this, if my moms system issue is not fixed promptly, I will return my new system for a full refund.  This is unacceptable Arllo!

Luxsage
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue as many others.  The infuriating orange banner pops up telling me my session has expired and I need to login again. The cameras are working.  I can access them from my PC, and from my phone for a few minutes after I restart my Android phone.   I have done everything, short of remove, and reinstall the batteries.  I even did a complete factory reset on my phone, and reinstalled the app, which was a huge inconvience.  This is beyond annoying; it is a security issue.  If my cameras pick up something at 2 a.m., I'll either have to restart my phone, or turn on my computer to see if it's a possum, or an axe murderer.

Hwyrebel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very upsetting yes.  Every several hours my phone will say you must login again.  I don't have a login selection so I go to setting, applications manager, select Arlo and press.  It ask me I want force stop and I press it twice.  Then go back to Arlo app, can see and access cameras and library for several more hours.  Then repeat it all again.  You would think a system that cost this much would be good.  Someone is really making money from us dummies.

Shpblder
Star
Star
I had the exact same problem but what I had to do was factory reset the base unit of Arlo and everything came back on my phone and was able to login and so on Etc
Luxsage
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll try that, thanks!  Why are we working to solve this instead of tech support helping us?

Shpblder
Star
Star
What I had to do instead of going to application manager I just hit the square on my phone if you have an Android and then completely close it out the next time I want it on it was no problem
ladtracy
Star
Star

At this point it isn'e really about down again, but still down as far as I am concerned.  The system ican actually see the cameras now, but every time you go to the android app you have to jump through hoops to get to a place where you can log out so you can log back in again.  God forbid I had to do something in a hurry, like see anything that is going on.  This system breaks on a regular basis, but they usually get this back up within a day or two, still not good for a secutiy tool, but just imagine that your firewalls were down for over a week.  This is totally unacceptable.  I know someone said earlier this is not a security tool, you need an entire system for security, but to that I say even if my firewalls are up if all my antivirus is out of date, I may still get breached, so yes this is a security tool and I think that many users here expect all parts of their security system to work, not just parts of it part of the time.

Franknbear58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guess you got one of the FEW GOOD UNITS.