Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
Shpblder
Star
Star
System still down I called customer service yesterday and told me that they should be squared away in a few hours possibly the engineers are working on it but no change yet
jimbullet
Star
Star

almost 24 hours now and base station still offline in New Zealand

3 green lights

iphone app says offline

computer for the first minute can get live feed but then it says offline and cannot access live feed anymore. 

Anyone have any resolution yet?

Frank8282
Tutor
Tutor

same for me, Switzerland.

3 green lights, app says offline, no recordings are made since yesterday morning

Contacted Arlo support, said they see my base station online and that probably something went wrong after last update... they're working to release a new update

preiditsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station went down around 4:00 AM EDT on the 15th. Still not up. Tried rebooting it numerous times. Tried connecting from iPhone, iPad, Safari on Mac, Chrome on Windows. All show status as getting info before changing to offline.

Located in Southern Ontario. House has Fibre to the house, Internet is not an issue.

Shpblder
Star
Star
Still down here no change overnight day 2 Virginia here
Kazhooch
Tutor
Tutor

I guess this must be a worldwide problem because Im in the UK and its down here too.

Really frustrating - we had a motorbike stolen from our drive only last week, and I really dont want to be without CCTV coverage right now.

Shpblder
Star
Star
I just tried a reboot again still no change
raider192
Guide
Guide
Anyone who has the "offline" base station issue just reset base station via the reset pin button on back of base station, Hold for like 10 seconds until all 3 lights turn Amber, and then sync the cams back up again. A real P.I.T.A. but, this will get you up and running again.
LawnMM
Star
Star
Still down in Denver
shaygar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Down here in Perth, Western Australia. It has been offline for over 24 hours. I have tried rebooting, resetting even deleted a camera now can’t connect it back again. I even reset my internet, so glad I have found this thread. Guess I will have to wait again like last time. Not happy
vannerpham
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still down for me as well. 7am PST..
lbonaviso
Guide
Guide

Still down in Maryland.

I just got off with the Chat Support person, and he claims all the Servers are working fine. So, he basically just said it's our fault they're not working.

Shpblder
Star
Star
Has anyone tried to reset the cameras and base
vannerpham
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow....looks like they are trying to avoid a PR nightmare. No security company wants to acknowledge that they have been down for days. I had a scare this in the middle of the night. When I go to check cameras they are offline?!
CaptC
Star
Star

Accessing my Arlo Pro from iOS works fine. Can see live views, change modes, etc.

vannerpham
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried pin reset (hold down until amber lights flash), resync button, and even power cycle (pull plug for 1 min). Everything is still offline. Checked internet and that is working correctly.
bobbyjean12
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is showing on the PC.

sjunwood
Star
Star

sjunwood
Star
Star

I was having the same issue and I restarted my phone. The App is working great now. 

Shpblder
Star
Star
That's strange I went on the phone and and got somebody at tech support and they told me that it was on their end and they even gave me a ticket number
lbonaviso
Guide
Guide

Then the guy that told me everything is fine on their end was a complete liar. Sounds like no one is communicating with each over over there. A lack of comminication is a sorry sign in a company.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

"I was able to sign in on my PC."

Yes

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
I went on pc to https:// arlo.netgear.com and deleted base. Followed initial instructions to set up device. Re synced cameras. Deleted app off of phone and reinstalled. Everything seems to be back to normal now.
GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I restarted my phone, recycled my base station, then after that I recucled my basestation, Netgear router and IP modem and still had problems all day.

Last night I stepped out and approximately 10 minutes later my phone was alerting me of a prowler, I phoned police who responded in heavy force but the prowler was gone. 

The "hoodrat" face was covered in 1 video and partly expose in another camera.

Again, the alarm feture worked but took for ever to "buffering" but the ""Your session timed out" and "sign in" options were not showing or nessasary, as it appeared to be signed in.

The buffering took well into a couple minutes before I could observe the "alert".

Frank8282
Tutor
Tutor

I did a base station reset by pressing and holding the Reset button on the back of the station, launched the Arlo app, did not log in with my credentials but choosed New system setup...

I lost all my custom settings but everything's finally back working so the issue is SOLVED for me.

By the way, quite disappointing the total lack of support from Netgear after so many hours.