Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Database service is currently down...

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
Roger01
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked!

Thank You

Roger

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC

Thank you for the follow up. To clarify for all on this thread, is there/was there indeed something going on that has been resolved or is being worked on? Or are we all crazy and have been randomly experiencing similiar issues?

I am able to log into my account via arlo.netgear.com from Chrome and live view the cameras but when I click on "Mode" it states that the base station is offline and then the cameras time out.

As far as the iPhone app...I'm on the latest version of the Arlo app and latest iOS. I've tried signing out, removing, rebooting, etc. But all day I've been unable to get a live view of the cameras from the app (and again the base station shows offline)

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. Arlo pro offline all day. Have tried everything to correct. Im guessing its,a netgear problem. Tired of jacking with it.
Shpblder
Star
Star

I can get it on computer live feed but cant get on android phone also cant do anything else cause it telling me its getting status for base unit. but still cant check battery level, take a pic , and still get no notifications

Joannrbenj
Tutor
Tutor
They probably keep getting hacked. System is downI Im in crazy New York. I woke up around 4AM. It's now 6PM, still down. Saying my internet is offline. This is rubbish
Joannrbenj
Tutor
Tutor
I have a feeling they keep getting hacked. I have been down since 4AM. It's now 6PM in New York..
Hooge5
Guide
Guide

Down in Tulsa, OK!!

raider192
Guide
Guide
Fixed it!! P.I.T.A...... reset base station, sync cameras and off you go!
What a fun thing to do when your cameras are a super easy to access!(sarcasm intended)
Hooge5
Guide
Guide

When will this be fixed ARLO? my base station & camera has been down all day! 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yeah iam still down here in Maryland and its getting to become BULLS#&*% been over 14hrs. I can view live feed but thats nothing but going through the base from a pc and YES JamesC I have the latest app on my android, rebooted this rebooted that and nothing works. Outage map shows outage all over the US.

Hooge5
Guide
Guide
Thanks smartass... I have done that about a thousand times!
eclong
Aspirant
Aspirant

For what its worth -- thanks to all for the suggestion to clear the cache in my google chrome browser; this was what the chat support people had recommended as well, and when I did this, I was able to successfully log into Arlo from my PC and am now not having any issues.  

In my situation, I only experienced a problem logging in from my PC.  All during the time that my PC was giving me the "browser" message, I was able to successfully log into my Arlo system through my phone and tablet, they never had issues.

Thanks again to all the suggestions and clear information from everyone...

jdt359
Tutor
Tutor
You are spot on! I’m a tech engineer in banking. These outages would absolutely NOT be tolerated where I work. Where is your redundancy and backup, NETGEAR??!!!
bobbyjean12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our system, says it is offline.  How do I address this problem

brh
Master
Master

@bobbyjean12

Where is it showing offline? On you app or on your PC?

I was able to get mine going by powering off the base station for one minute, then powering it back up and waiting for it to reboot. That seems to work for some people but not others.

Brian

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Today this morning I too, noticed my Samsung Galaxy S4 kept showing my Arlo Pro app was "signed out".

I tried signing back in but the app/phone kept with the messge "Signed Out / Session Expired"

I was able to sign in on my PC.

It is now 4:20 pm PST and still "Getting Staus" on my phone.

As a new client for a few weeks with already 2 major disruptions, coupled with a $32.00 cll phone long distance charge, I'm about to return this securiey system until a better system is produced.

BTW, i'm abe to log in on my PC but not my phone, whitch is the essences of this security system monitoring away from home.

Temax
Tutor
Tutor
Been down since around 2:00AM CST in Kansas City. Read all the comments. Tried unplugging base station, removing batteries from cameras, resyncjng cameras to base station, and still no luck. Will Argo fix their latest disaster or do we each have to see what band aid will fix the issue THIS time????
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Recycling is not the fix. Still get on the web gui: 

You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again.

Which I am not, have cleaned cache and history.

Android app always opens with my session has expired and it has logged me out. Even after I manually logged out. Also will not let me log in except with going through several attempts with password.

Tried JamesC method and fixed the GUI. Normal cache clean was not working. Uninstalled and reinstalled app just to be sure. All is well.

tiffanyle
Initiate
Initiate
Yes it has been down since midnight 3/14/18 and still down. I had the same problem last week. Netgear please fix the problem.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Where is all the moderators and company reps at? Any other time there here giving help. WE NEED INFO OF WHATS GOING ON.

Sherlockdog
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. Arlo offline but internet working fine. Reset but still not back up...,,,
ladtracy
Star
Star

This is getting absurd, the length of time this has been down and absolutely no communication from the company.  The fact that is impossible to get hold of them unless you have nothing else in you life to do except wait for them to answer.  They show on their twitter feed a new beta program, mayby they should get what they have working first.  Having been in support for most of my career, my job would have been over if this is how I responded and it would have never flown once I began managing teams, totally unaccepable.  One thing I always told my teams was that the client will be much more forgiving and wait longer if you just communicate, maybe the Arlo team can learn something from that.

Dc_
Initiate
Initiate

Agree, this is unacceptable. I spent too much time trouble shooting before discovering this thread.

Littlehoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Down here in northern Saskatchewan since about 2 am last night.  I too spent a lot of time trying to fix this before finding this thread... Any word when we will be working again?

MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

I called their support today about 2 p.m. PST and a lady tried to help me and really gave no explanation as to why no service.  I felt like they were being evasive and she walked me through a few things to do like unplugging my basestation and clearing cache and she could not help me but gave me a case #--whoopee doo. Well, I just did a full reset on my basestation and cameras and had to reconnect all again and that seems to work on my iphone, but I am still getting the login issues on my desktop via Safari and Firefox. I am so livid as I wasted 4 hours last week when this happened and I am not to happy that exactly one week later the same thing. I may be looking for another alternative because I can't rely on this system.