Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DaveWojwrote:

It’s not like these outages happen once a week or once a month.

Heck, my internet and power are more prone to going out than Netgear’s servers. 

I've seen several posts like this and I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I've had an Arlo Pro system with 4 cameras running for a year, and this outage is the only one I've seen in all that time.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm not sure you read my post correctly.

This entire thread had numerous complaints and many threatened to take the cameras back.

My point is that these outages don't happen weekly or monthly and although it may not be acceptable to many users that the service goes down even once, it's inevitable that technology isn't perfect and issues, as rare as they might be, should be expected.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Unable to connect to the base says everything is off line but have Internet light flashing.
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

This seems the same as the issue we had last week! I have an Arlo Pro (with 2 cameras) and this morning (3/15/18 - 9am ET) I am unable to view the cameras on my Arlo app (iPhone 6 with latest iOS and Arlo app versions) or on the Arlo web login (https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login). Old library clips are there but I can't see a live view or anything else. The cameras and base station keep saying "Getting status" and then eventually error out and say that the devices are offline.

My internet connection is working fine and I have rebooted the base station and cameras. Anyone else have this same issue (again!)???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problems here. Just logged in to verify with no issues. Is it still happening?

Marilyn714
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I can not access either app or website as well, just like last week as you said.

So it is not you my friend

3-15-18  8am central time

MrRocknRoll
Guide
Guide

yup, I'm having the exact same issue as last week.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problems here although I'm in an affected area:

http://downdetector.com/status/arlo/map/

abgalassi
Guide
Guide

Something seems to be wrong. It is constantly telling me my session has expired and I need to log in again. So I log in, try to do something, and as soon as I go to the modes tab to do something, it tells me my session has expired and have to log in again. Each time, it tells me my password is incorrect, so I have to reset it.

For instance, to leave this morning...opened app, had to log in (rarely ever have to - maybe once a month), went to modes, disarmed so I could walk out front door, got to car, went to arm and said I need to log in again...only 30 seconds tops. Not sure what is going on? I'm going to see if maybe I need an app update in Play Store.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat:

To clarify, yes I can technically log into the Arlo app. But once logged in, the cameras never show up and eventually error out showing as "Offline". Are you able to actually open a live view of the camera?

MrRocknRoll
Guide
Guide

I was able to get the website to work once I cleared my browser cache.....again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@arpr1 wrote:

jguerdat:

To clarify, yes I can technically log into the Arlo app. But once logged in, the cameras never show up and eventually error out showing as "Offline". Are you able to actually open a live view of the camera?

Yes, I can live view and recordings are proceeding normally. I do note my CVR on a Pro 2 camera isn't working as of 8:00AM EDT.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an Arlo Pro system so perhaps this issue isn't impacting Arlo Pro 2 systems? It seems like the same issue as last week which Arlo eventually fixed. I wonder if they are aware of it yet???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera wouldn't cause the issue. It's a server-side issue.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Iam down too, in Maryland.. Same as last week.
ladtracy
Star
Star

Yes, yet again my Arlo system is down.  I also rebooted the base station and have no internet issues and yet the app continues to report everything offline.  This is becoming annoying having a security system that does not work effectively.

whittlehome2005
Guide
Guide

I too am down again (Airdrie, Alberta) ... Can log in online and see cameras - click to view and then message says my cameras are Offline. But my base is showing Online, with internet so no issues there. I'm guessing another server issue on the other end.
I have tried to log on on my Iphone App, it will give me the preview of the cameras with the "Getting Status" image on it, then after waiting it says "Appears Offline" as well.

brh
Master
Master

@Tonstar1

I had to go into Chrome and delete my browsing history again to be able to log in.

Then, My Arlo Pro base was working just fine, but my original base was offline. I removed the power from the original base for 1 minute and powered it back up again.

Works fine now, but for how long.

My iPhone app is showing correctly now.

I am really glad that I am not on vacation right now!!!!!!

Brian

FEC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I woke this morning to “Your Arlo device appears offline.” Upon checking my account I found my base station was offline, confirmed by the Internet LED not illuminated but the power and camera LEDs were. After rebooting my Arlo base station and internet modem my Arlo base station LED is illuminated but my camera LED is now amber and will not sync with the camera. Camera settings show “offline” as does the base station. Is this the same issue you are experiencing? Is there a fix?

brh
Master
Master

@FEC

Yes,

Try powering off the base again since you may have reset the modem last?

Brian

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Aps show base station offline, however, all lights are green.  I have updated latest ap on iphone, have unplugged, etc, and still get error message.   I have confirmed that camera's are recording/communicating to the base station and are available via the USB drive.      So could someone please confirm whether Arlo is having problems or not?     With all the problems logged today it doesn't sound likes it's my equipment

MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Offline here in California too, my cameras stopped recording at 12:30 a.m. PST and I can't login and I am coming to realize I can't depend on this system as it's not reliable. They never really say what is happening and I wonder if they are being hacked???

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

ours down again too..near Peoria IL..wont even log in, just like last week..

whittlehome2005
Guide
Guide
I have unplugged the base and my router and my base still shows all green (it did before I unplugged as well)
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am in Oklahoma, looks like it went down around 2:30 central time