Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
bun2it
Initiate
Initiate
It’s up in CA 8:56 AM
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The Netgear servers will be back up and running in 20 minutes.

Is that what you want to hear?

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

@bun2itwrote:
It’s up in CA 8:56 AM

Thanks, I'll plug my base station in and see what happens. 

jimbullet
Star
Star

I started with access through the iphone app and it said the base station is offline, though had all green lights lit. I started to troubleshoot, reboot the router, reboot the base station and no joy.

then I find this - maybe related???

So New Zealand is down - 10 hours now and counting.

TaraR312
Aspirant
Aspirant

One: thank you for the comedic humor. Two: When I was googling this main tagline question NOTHING from 3/8/2018 was coming up whatsoever so I was shocked to see that I was the "only one" reporting it LOL

So, I am just frustrated by the lack of notification (also DONT have twitter so I am unaware of their notification.) You would expect something more like an alert on their website OR an email. You know? I know I sound bitchy but it was just frustrating with not ever having this issue. 

But, anyways. I am glad I am not the only one having these issues. 

Lastly, after 45 minutes on hold - the woman said it takes twelve hours for systems to reboot? And she could not tell me when it was going to be fixed. 

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still off line. 

SamTutor
Tutor
Tutor

Got motion alert from my Samrtthings for one of my cameras. Launched the Arlo app and ta-da all my four cameras and base stations were missing.

Logged into my computer to see if I can manage it from there and it was empty too.

Strangely my Smartthings can view the cameras.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Circa757wrote:
11:46 am, march 8, 2018.
Cameras/ service been down all morning. What is the deal?

If you had taken even ten minutes to read through this thread, or even scroll up a half dozen posts you would know.

jimbullet
Star
Star

are we all the same?

Base station has all 3 green lights and when you access the app - it just says offline?

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It's where Arlo Database is located.. Therefore, Arlo can't do much except to wait.. Firestick and Echo dot the other day were down.. 

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jimbulletwrote:

are we all the same?

Base station has all 3 green lights and when you access the app - it just says offline?

yes. 

whitenack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am now able to access my library (wasn't able to before), but it now says my base station is offline.  I will check it in a minute and see if a reboot will get it back online.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I could be wrong, but I believe that this is a server problem and the servers are not in this country.

With an outage this large, it will probably take some time to re-boot and you may or may not have access to all the controls.

I personally don't consider this a life or death situation although I'm sure some people do.

Patience.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I suspect it's another attack by the nororious "Underpant Knombs" who you never ever see, but they are there. 

Lol.

Cheers

massdane
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system has been down all morning as well.  Every time I try and log in, whether from my phone or on the computer, I get the same message that "the database service is currently down."  I've not had many issues with my Arlo Pro system, but this is upsetting.  Having this as a security system does no good if it's not working!

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

@GatorHoggwrote:

I suspect it's another attack by the nororious "Underpant Knombs" who you never ever see, but they are there. 

Lol.

Cheers

Has to be the Russian Bots. 

jimbullet
Star
Star

Netgear should put an announcement - warning - warning robinsons family - I will be offline......

CptDirty
Guide
Guide

IT'S WORKING AGAIN

For now...

jimbullet
Star
Star

Update;

When accessing through laptop - I cannot even see the cameras and the base station - as if I had nothing

When accessing through mobile app - its there but base station still says offline

Getting stranger......

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just went to the Google App Store and complaints of the "Arlo App" is broken after an apparent Arlo update.

That is all . . .

jimbullet
Star
Star

Hey just a minute ago - online !!!!

from New Zealand

Michelle4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Down in South Florida
xterra72
Tutor
Tutor
Working now in Bay Area, California
JRitchie21
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is terrible.  I've had no feeds from any of my cameras for nearly three hours now and continue to get a "Connection Lost" or "Database Down" error message.  NETGEAR continues to tell everyone that this has been resolved but not a bit in the slightest has this occurred.  Time to get your tech team in gear and get this resolved.  I didn't buy this system to look at 12 hour old pictures.  Let's get this done.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

9:31 am PST up and running . . .for now.

Been spotty for the last couple hours.

Arlo is still a great product bu iformational emails on future updates would be covienemt to prepare for possible disruptions, as experienced today 8/03/2018

Cheers