Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
Bear0000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got my cameras last night. Database is down. Not too impressed so far.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Imagallanwrote:
Just bought the Arlo Pro 2 yesterday 03/08/2018. I had a wired connection bunkerhome security. Someone came to my property tricked my guard dogs with food cut my wires to my cameras and went buck on my property. So I go spend 800 bucks on what I thought was the most high tech camera system and on day 2 the servers are down. So. Now I’m at work didn’t feel comfortable leaving my house this morning now I feel even worst knowing my home is a sitting duck. So please Arlo step up. If my home gets broken into again this was absolutely a giant waste of money

Do you have a UPS backup?

clairekalt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ours down too for the first time. In San Francisco.
GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

"We're sorry. Data base station  currently offline

Schwarzkopfr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still down over 3 hours in the Pacific Northwest

xterra72
Tutor
Tutor
Database down in Bay Area, California.
First time for me
brh
Master
Master

My Smartthings system has had 5 or 6 global outages in the last month. This is nothing compared to that. 

Brian

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help, the arlo system server seems to be down. Anyone have an ETA on when it will be operational again??

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes. Arlo Pro base station has been down since i woke at 7:00 am PST and still down @ 8:17 am PST.

I'm very impressed with this security system since I purchased it almost a month ago.

But reading some of the experiences from loyal Arlo/Netgear clients I am somewhat losing confidence my security is secure enough for a full unconcerned confidence.

Perhaps I may return this system before the month is up.

I'm very dissillusioned at this point.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

My cameras are still detecting movement and recording to the library.  Only live view not working .

CptDirty
Guide
Guide

@DaveWoj wrote:

"So the .01% that it's down would include any internet or power outages then right?

The reason I ask is because I have had the internet and power go out at a higher percentage than one of these Netgear outages.

I think you and many others on here are over-reacting"

No, the 0.01% does not include internet and power outage. Those are factors unrelated to Arlo's core cloud service that enables the camera to function as advertised. If you had those two go out at a higher percentage than the netgear then for power there's a UPS (as do i) and for internet...well...that's between you and the ISP you chose or modem/router you have. My ISP is one of the most reputable ones in Quebec with award worthy service and uptime.... 

But right now people are "over-reacting" because their internet is good, their power is good but Arlo's service took a major dump and left thousands of their customers with their D**K in their hands. How's that for over reacting?

Marquez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still down in California arlo, atleast give a estimated time to repair.
TaraR312
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting multiple notifications within the app with an orange color saying the database service is down. please try again later. This has been since 8:30am this morning (11:30 now EST). So, for 3 hours we are still getting multiple notifications about videos being recorded BUT I cannot retrieve them, nor can I adjust sensitivity or turn off any cameras AND in mode or settings it says offline (which it's not when it's saying your database doesnt work) so I can't literally do anything. No call or email saying it's out sooooo that's helpful. We have just been playing guessing games with our security cameras... really appreciated it. On the phone with customer service which is almost not even findable on website and their wait time is 35-60 minutes. any help??? How long is service out at a time???

JohnnyCanuck1
Tutor
Tutor
I’m in total agreement with this post. It is obvious there are thousands of units not operating. Poor execution by not alerting active accounts that their properties that are supposed to be protected, are in fact, not.
michaelclarkstl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah...phone didn't even tell me how long the wait is.  This is ridiculous.  Someone needs to give us a sitrep.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

8:35 am PST and still down. Too early to have d^^k in hand at this point, but thanks for your personal self comforting suggestion.

Cheers

BoxKutter3
Aspirant
Aspirant
DOWN IN MICHIGAN ALL MORNING
michaelclarkstl
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is an acknowledgement on their twitter feed two hours ago.  This is ridiculous, though.  Glad my cameras aren't vital to any business or anything, just my home security.  LOL

mtsguns
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo alarm sytem on my gun store.  I am currently trying to log in and disarm the system.  I have tried my phone app, computer, and remote log in from employees home.   We have not been able to disarm the alarm.  I cannot open the store - LOSING MONEY!!!!!  I am sitting here with headphones enjoying 130 decibles of music.  I think I may try a different system.

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

I simply unplugged the base station to disable the siren. 

mike_kelterborn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Smiley SadWith my new phone I'm unable to connect with Arlo. It says "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again. 

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@TaraR312wrote:

Getting multiple notifications within the app with an orange color saying the database service is down. please try again later. This has been since 8:30am this morning (11:30 now EST). So, for 3 hours we are still getting multiple notifications about videos being recorded BUT I cannot retrieve them, nor can I adjust sensitivity or turn off any cameras AND in mode or settings it says offline (which it's not when it's saying your database doesnt work) so I can't literally do anything. No call or email saying it's out sooooo that's helpful. We have just been playing guessing games with our security cameras... really appreciated it. On the phone with customer service which is almost not even findable on website and their wait time is 35-60 minutes. any help??? How long is service out at a time???

First of all...................................Take a deeeeeep breath.

OK.

So are you planning on staying on the phone until you get a customer service rep in say 35-60 minutes, only to tell you the same thing that everyone else has been saying on here?

The service is out worldwide so It's not just you.

Be patient, go have a glass of wine and I'm sure they will have the servers back up and running at some point.

Right now they won't be able to tell you why they are down or when they will be back up.

Take another deep breath.

Circa757
Aspirant
Aspirant
11:46 am, march 8, 2018.
Cameras/ service been down all morning. What is the deal?
GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Weird. I getting camera detections, push notifications/email/phone app notices and can review notice detected video'on PC desktop but phone still didplays arlo netgear down.

Working, can't display battery levels on all cameras but most everything is working.

Jackrmy
Guide
Guide

Hey BretDBretD

How about an update??