Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I checked our chrome and we are up-to-date on Adobe but now EVERYTIME we sign in it says we need an update to click 'here'. So I click and then am able to view videos and live feed. What's going on?

And also, just now I had to verify by email our acct to ask these questions, even though we've had acct for over a year!

If anyone knows what's wrong please let me know. AAARRRRGGG!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just found a workaround for Flash on Chrome 69:

Type "chrome://flags" in the URL bar. Search for "Flash". Disable "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions".

Live veiw then works and all your previous settings for Flash are restored and are permanent.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you enabled Flash for at least Arlo in the Chrome settings?

I believe there's a current thread on the verification email. I also believe it's a known problem that's safe to disregard.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi ksss11,

To add to what jguerdat mentioned, to quickly find the flash setting in your Google Chrome Browser, Open Chrome > Select The 3 Dots At The Top Right > Settings > Type FLASH In The Search Bar > Contet Settings > Flash. This will allow you to access & see what is allowed.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I have done all of that and we have to 'allow' everytime we log in now. even though we have it allowed in chrome settings for Flash 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you restart your computer in Arlo, is it still allowed in the allowed permissions?

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

yes. If I close browser at all I have to click the 'newer version of flash' orange bar at the top and 'allow' it every time.  the url bar at the top says it is blocked but I have it always allowed on the settings for flash. I uninstalled ad blocker, but that didnt do any good. I also have the symbol that it blocking cookies on Arlo site. Chrome help has been no help as they havent updated the section since this darn update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, just ran into this myself after installing Chrome 69. Flash has now been made difficult to use on Chrome and I haven't found a way to enable it. At least on Windows, that leaves Firefox as the remaining supported option for using live view at the moment. Note that this is partially the issue as has been noted with IE and Edge, however, those browsers also won't play videos in the library.

@JamesC, is there aq document being worked on as to how to work in Chrome 69?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just found a workaround for Flash on Chrome 69:

Type "chrome://flags" in the URL bar. Search for "Flash". Disable "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions".

Live veiw then works and all your previous settings for Flash are restored and are permanent.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I finally installed chrome the other day on a win10 computer and a win7 computer because Edge still doesn't work and Firefox gives me the "your logged into another tab" error all the time. Then I find out chrome also has an issue. It constantly says flash is out of date and you have to allow it. Everytime I logged in I got the flash message. I could allow, log back in, and it would only work until I closed the browser.

I tried setting "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" to Disable and still got the flash out of date / allow flash message. I also still have the icon in the address bar saying flash is blocked, even though I said allow it. I then clicked on the flash blocked icon and choose manage, under the Allow section choose add, enter in: https://arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras, then click add. Now I no longer get the flash message.

So it appears you may need to Disable "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" and add the above URL to the allow section for flash.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Strange. Just updated to 69. Chrome asked for Flash permission for Arlo, and I gave it. Then went to Chrome settings, saw Arlo in "Allowed" in Flash. Also noticed a toggle for always asking for permission to run Flash (on/off). Left always ask "on" anyway to see if selected sites only worked. Logged out of Arlo, closed Chrome. Opened Chrome. Arlo still there under allowed for Flash. Opened and logged into Arlo. Live view working fine without any request for permission. Not sure why it should not be that simple ... why Arlo Flash would be treated any differently from any other site trying to run Flash. So far 69 is not giving me any different Flash responses. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@pc2k17 wrote:

So it appears you may need to Disable "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" and add the above URL to the allow section for flash.

As noted above, my previous settings were preserved - I already had Arlo in those settings. Apparently you didn't? Were you able to use live view in previous versions of Chrome?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

This was a fresh install of Chrome, so no settings were ever setup.

This is actually the first time I ever even used chrome, so I never had a previous version installed.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I did the disable and now after relaunch the Flash is working and the orange bar is gone. I just wonder..why does it not give me the 'add' box anymore in the Flash content settings to add another URL? I can't change it to arlo.cameras or 'allow' it for any other site.

Thanks for the fix! Made my vacation a little less stressful!

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

oops...just checked content settings and the 'add' box is back. All set now.

Thanks again! You computer people are such a great help for everything here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the ability to add sites is removed until you do the "fix" and restart. Voila - it returns. PITA but until the requirement for Flash is removed...