Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Will Not Connect To Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jatkins3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am having problems connecting my new Arlo Pro 1 camera to my Arlo Pro base station.  I follow all the steps.

1) Press sync button on base station.
2) Press sync button on camera.  
The sync light on the base station flashes green.
The blue light blinks slowly on the camera but never switches to fast flashing blue and then just flashes amber quickly after ~3mins.  

Before anyone asks, all the lights are correctly on the base station.  Power is solid green, internet is solid green (flashes for data).

I have followed all recommended troubleshooting articles on this website including:
1) Reset the whole system and start from scratch - sync base station, sync cameras 1 by 1 - the only camera that wont sync is the new Arlo Pro
2) I have removed the battery from the camera and reinserted
3) I have recharged the camera overnight to ensure power was sufficient
4) I have attempted to sync the camera with the power cord connected
5) I have tried to sync the camera as close as being on top of the route to 6 inches away to 3 feet away - the light still blinks blue slowly with no fast flashing

In my opinion based on what i have read this is a defective camera.

Thanks in advance for your help

13 REPLIES 13
brh
Master
Master

@jatkins3

Sounds like a defective camera to me. You appear to have done everything I would have done.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only thing not mentioned is the need to only briefly press the base sync button. 2 seconds may be too long.  I usually press for less than a second.

jatkins3
Aspirant
Aspirant

@brhThanks, yes I read all the threads on similar problems and followed all the steps - is there a way for Netgear to send me a new unit if i return the defective unit?

jatkins3
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat    I also pressed the button for 3 seconds and just pressed it quickly to test all methods mentioned - the blue light remains blinking without flashing quickly to indicate connection

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jatkins3 wrote:

@brhThanks, yes I read all the threads on similar problems and followed all the steps - is there a way for Netgear to send me a new unit if i return the defective unit?

Hi jatkins,

Here is the the link for you to further contact support regarding the issue.- Support

jatkins3
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS

Thank you for replying ShayneS but the link you posted only provides 4 options 
1) Knowledge base which I have tried all options
2) Community help (which I am trying now)
3) Live chat - which for some reason refuses to load up on any of my computers in my house
4) US phone call - I am based in HK

Is there any email address or direct message that i can use to troubleshoot this case as it is still not working

Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No email but you can use the pull-down menu for phone support to get a phone number closer to you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jatkins3,

I will reach out to you in a private message with further assistance.

JamesC

Edgar_Guam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having problems connecting my Arlo Pro camera to my Arlo Pro base station. It used to be connected and disconnected on its own. Tried to reconnect it by following all the steps.

1) Press sync button on base station.
2) Press sync button on camera.
The sync light on the base station flashes green.
The blue light blinks slowly on the camera but never switches to fast flashing blue and then just flashes amber quickly after ~3mins.

Before anyone asks, all the lights are correctly on the base station. Power is solid green, internet is solid green (flashes for data).

I have followed all recommended troubleshooting articles on this website including:
1) Reset the whole system and start from scratch - sync base station, sync cameras 1 by 1 - the only camera that wont sync is the new Arlo Pro
2) I have removed the battery from the camera and reinserted
3) I have recharged the camera overnight to ensure power was sufficient
4) I have attempted to sync the camera with the power cord connected
5) I have tried to sync the camera as close as being on top of the route to 6 inches away to 3 feet away - the light still blinks blue slowly with no fast flashing
Edgar_Guam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Model is VMB4000r3
I copied the text up cause it’s the same problem I have.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Edgar_Guam,

Just to double check, you have verified and tried all the steps above?

Edgar_Guam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I did
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or open a case with support here for a possible RMA.