Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lukedavies36
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2 system which has two cameras. Despite them being powered, I do not have the option to create activity zones for either camera.

I have followed the instructions as per the user manual and online forum but when it gets down to the ‘’create activity zone’ I simply do not have that option. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Are you going to video settings for that camera?

You should still see the activity zones option even if not powered, you just get a warning to say it needs to be powered in order to activate them.

Silly question but are you certain it's the Pro 2?

Lukedavies36
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for replying. Yes I’m certain it is the Arlo Pro 2, and yes this view is in video settings. I just don’t get the option. This is why I’ve been getting confused/frustrated.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Remove and refit the battery in each camera to reset it.

Power cycle the base.

Then try again.

If you're using an app on your phone for this try and use https://arlo.netgear.com instead.

If all else fails you may have to try a full rest and re-install.

Lukedavies36
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem solved. Having spoke with Netgear who remotely accessed my account, turns out the cameras are just the pro.
Some cheeky b*stard has purchased the pro 2 but returned it with pro cameras, and I’ve been unfortunate to purchase the returned product. Problem is I don’t have the packaging to return it and maplins are refusing to accept responsibility for it 😡
Streak2
Master Master
Master
Wow that's a little underhand. If you really need the activity zone feature then you could buy a single Pro2 camera and add it to your existing base..