Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
tomoko
Tutor
Tutor

For some reason all suddenly, my app on my iPhone doesn’t open but I still get a notification and stuff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community, 

This issue with signing in should now be resolved with the latest Arlo app version 2.18

Please make sure to have the latest version. If you still experience this issue, please contact customer support. Arlo Tech Support

Firmware release notes: Arlo iOS App - 2.18 - 25th June 2020

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tomoko

Are you still experiencing this issue with your app not opening?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
On and off. I get a notification though.
And I also called the customer service and the person who helped me saying that I would get an email in about 14 hours and didn’t even receive.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have a few questions for you, What version of  iOS are you using on your iphone? & what version of the Arlo app are you using?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
The newest version.
And
2.16(260)
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you say it doesn't open, what exactly happens. Does the app load & crash? Do you make it to the Dash board?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
It doesn’t open from “Log Back In”. And even if it does, it says “there was an error obtaining your library........”
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tomoko

Which iPhone are you using? I am not able to replicate this issue on an iPhone 11 Pro Max running ios 13.4.1 & Arlo app 2.16

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
iPhone 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tomoko

Is there any chance you can test on another iphone or device to see if the same issue surfaces?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
It does work on my iPad and another iPhone.
JoeandRob
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same problem from IPhone 11.
(0) http status to ‘(null)’.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay thank you for the info, so this only occurs on the iPhone 11 Base model, not a pro or pro max correct?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
Correct.
tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
Same message
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this login issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Peggy_k
Guide
Guide
Cannot log in to the Arlo app from my iphone! Cleared my cache and even reinstalled app, nothing works! Anyone else experiencing this issue?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Peggy_k

Is this occurring on an iPhone 11 (base model)?

Peggy_k
Guide
Guide
Yes
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tomoko @JoeandRob

When was the last time you experienced this issue logging in to the app?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
Couple days before I messaged here.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tomoko

Thank you for the update, the development team is investigating this & noticed the issue has not occurred recently. If you can, please let me know if the issue is present again. 

Jensand
Initiate
Initiate

Hi im getting this message almost each time i open the app:
0 status code to (null)
What does it mean?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jensand,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device? Could you also show a screenshot that shows this error?

Stizz
Initiate
Initiate
Hello

iOS 13.4.1 iPhone 11 Pro Max

When I use the Arlo app on my phone I cannot sign in, the signing in icon at the bottom of the screen just constantly spins and never logs in. It used to work. Now last 2 days doesn’t. I’ve tried uninstalling and deleting app to no avail.