Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't stay logged in

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DeeBoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't stay logged in, since the new update, and am not receiving any push notifications. I have no way of knowing if anything is happening that needs immediate attention. I have reset camera and base, uninstalled, reinstalled app, restarted my phone, double checked all settings. Everything was fine last week...could even change notification sounds....now nothing.
How do I fix these issues?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Set your notifications sounds through the phone settings if you are running Android 8. At least mine is that way now. The settings for tone in the Arlo app are not working for me. With the update before this recent one, the notification sounds were enabled through the phone settings>apps>arlo>notifications>notifications>sound.

Also make sure you have given Arlo phone permission setting>apps>arlo>permissions>phone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The notification sound issue hasn't been fixed yet. I assume another update will fix that.

WHat do you mean by not staying logged in? The app (and browser) has always disconnected after a period (10 minutes?) of inactivity. It's still running in the background. You might want to check the phone's battery optimization settings for the app.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Set your notifications sounds through the phone settings if you are running Android 8. At least mine is that way now. The settings for tone in the Arlo app are not working for me. With the update before this recent one, the notification sounds were enabled through the phone settings>apps>arlo>notifications>notifications>sound.

Also make sure you have given Arlo phone permission setting>apps>arlo>permissions>phone.

DeeBoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! The phone permission wasn't on, on my phone. It's working now, and I am able to choose different sounds from the Arlo app.
Also, not sure if this solved my login issue, but I logged into my Arlo account on my computer and choose "Remember me" and my mobile app has kept me logged in, since then (even though I have to login on my computer again, to use IT). May be a coincidence, but it's working.
Thanks for your help. I was just about to return my Arlo Doorbell (when it comes in), but guess I'll see how things go, before giving up on Netgear.