Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera syncs but does not does not pair

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pp7324
Aspirant
Aspirant
This camera was paired to my base unit. The battery ran down so I replaced it. I can do a live view, but no longer get any recordings. It syncs up, but I don’t see it paired to my base station. I think this is why I don’t get notifications. Everything is set up like my other four cameras. We didn’t change anything but the battery which is still at 100%. I’ve done on/off of my base unit. No problems with the sync. Any other ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you check your modes to ensure they have a rule for this camera and that the parameters of the rule are correct?

pp7324
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t changed any settings from when it first recorded and I checked. I think it’s becsu the device syncs but won’t PAIR with the base unit. I can live view it, but no recordings. Thank you for the suggestion.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pp7324,

What mode are you using? (the default "Armed" or a custom mode)

If you create and use a brand new custom mode with rules for motion detection, do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@pp7324 wrote:
I haven’t changed any settings from when it first recorded and I checked. I think it’s becsu the device syncs but won’t PAIR with the base unit. I can live view it, but no recordings. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm not sure what that means. What behaviour makes you say it hasn't paired despite being sync'd and able to live view?

pp7324
Aspirant
Aspirant
After taking the battery back out for an hour, it appears it has synced and paired and now records. Thanks to all for your assistance.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Strange but a good result in the end