Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
allworkc
Follower
Follower

Can't login to ARLO. Are the servers down today?  3/16/2018.  I've taken all the suggested troubleshooting steps.

7 REPLIES 7
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are several posts in this forum with info on this issue. I suggest you take a look at those posts. Netgear hasn't offically said there is a problem, but it appears many are having issues.

castleshade
Tutor
Tutor

I can not log on either. Is it down or is there a way to find out? I'm on hold forever.

Thanks.

Zounds
Guide
Guide
Looks like the servers woke up for a short period of time today and then died again... please netgear this is unacceptable! At least one camera for free! This is really bad!

Anyone know if the cameras records if you have a USB drive connected when this problem is "active"?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Zoundswrote:
Anyone know if the cameras records if you have a USB drive connected when this problem is "active"?

Yes it still records. The USB is independant of the cloud service. That's why it's a good idea to have the base station plugged into a UPS and have a USB thumb drive hooked up as well. This way if the arlo servers go down, or if the internet goes down, or if you lose power, the cameras will still record to the USB drive.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@allworkc

When you say you can't log in, do you mean on the website or in the app?

For website, clear your browser cookies and you should be good to go. I use Edge for my browser and just had to clear the cookies since I was getting the "you might be logged in on another tab" error message. Cleared cookies and it logged right in fine.

For the app, make sure you have the latest version, especially on android. If you have an older version you might get the session timed out error message.

Hopefully this helps you.

Bearface
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Lum,

for us less teckie types, can you tell me how to clear cookies from laptop?

Also where / how do i get the latest Android App you mentioned.

thanks 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Bearfacewrote:

Thanks Lum,

for us less teckie types, can you tell me how to clear cookies from laptop?

Also where / how do i get the latest Android App you mentioned.

thanks 

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting the below address in your address bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If using Firefox, follow the instructions listed here: How to clear the Firefox cache

For Microsoft Edge: click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, click settings, click "choose what to clear", check the box "cookies and website data", click "clear"

The latest Arlo app for android is in the Google Play Store. Open your app drawer on your phone and tap Play Store. Then tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper left, tap "My apps and games". If you don't have the latest version it should be listed as an update, if not find Arlo in the list and tap it. It will say update if you dont have the latest version. If you do have the latest version then uninstall and reinstall the app from the Play store.