Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app says says Your Arlo device appears offline. But solid green light is on base.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Axis0mx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Solid green light on base but camera on solid Amber. Tried yo conect in new home network with no success. Tried reseting router and base with no luck. App says base is offline.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Generally the camera LED being amber means you haven't claimed your base station. You should remove your cameras from your account and then add the base station and then sync the cameras

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@Axis0mx

You are going to have to provide us with a little more information if you want us to try to help you.

Is the solid amber light on the base station or the camera?

If it is on the base station, which light is amber? Starting from left to right tell us which light is amber.

Pages 52 and 53 of your manual gives you some troubleshooting tips if the nternet light on the base is solid amber.

It is possible that your router has ports 80 or 443 blocked. If you can check these ports statuses, great, if not, contact your router manufacturer to see how to check that. 

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Generally the camera LED being amber means you haven't claimed your base station. You should remove your cameras from your account and then add the base station and then sync the cameras

sabrina_7972
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo base is solid green on power, connection is blinking every few minutes and then the camera is solid orange. I have reset it twice already, unplugged and plugged back on. Checked my internet and they are all good. When i open my app on my phone it's saying " Arlo app says says Your Arlo device appears offline". I'm out of solutions. Could it be the netgear is offline since yesterday in our area? I don't have the connection for two days now. Can you please help? Thank you. 

brh
Master
Master

@sabrina_7972

The amber camera light means you have not "claimed" your base station after the reset. The reset removes the base from your system.

From the Device section of your app, add the base back in and if necessary resync your cameras one at a time.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

Brian