Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Elliottclu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
My base station says “offline” in my Arlo App and I can’t access the cameras. All lights are on and I can in fact access the cameras thru my SmartThings app. What is going on?
12 REPLIES 12
yael
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Base has been "offline" since last night and I have been on phone hold for over 30 mins?!

I have unplugged everything and I still get "offline" ?

Now I have NO SECURITY AND I CAN'T GET ANY HELP..

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Elliottclu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Let me know what you find out!
yael
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will..I'm running out of time waining on hold since it's been an 1hr 17mins I have been waiting.

Beyond frustrating. OMG..THEY JUST ANSWERED!

VMS4530 Arlo Pro

yael
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reset your base station with a paper clip on the underneath side by holding it in approx 1 min until all the lights on front side turn amber. Than turn base off wait 10secs of so than turn on, wait for all the lights to come back on green..normal for the internet light to flash periodically? (they said) Than re-sync each camera. If the camera does not sync (or start to flash blue) remove the battery and insert battery back in and sync again..all of mine did sync except 1 of which I removed the battery. Than check your account to see if it is working and it should be up and online! No explanation other than there system is having troubles...that is why it took an 1 1/2 to get through to them. Good Luck!

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is so sad that Netgear subjects their paying customers to this kind of treatment.  I personally will not perform that procedure unless that is the only way they have of fixing this and they documet it as such.  I just don't believe this is a fix that will last as we learned last week. 

They still haven't posted an acknowledgement of the issue that I am aware of which is true to form for Netgear.  The litany of posts regarding the poor performance of the Arlo Pro 2 after its highly acclaimed release is a case in point.  

I did my time with customer support yesterday via chat and phone and the phone tech finally admitted there was a known issue.  I was promised a followup call or email when this issue was resolved, which as of yet, has not developed.  Not happy about losing the protection, but someone at Netgear has apparently decided this is a good way to conduct business.  Will bring in more customers don't ya know.

elmatador1177
Aspirant
Aspirant

OMG, Just received my Arlo Pro today from HSN and I was hyped about my new security system. I connected the Arlo Pro Router and paired one camera, Installed the app and it says it is Offline. Being on hold on Phone and being waiting on a Chat support rep for about 45 minutes already. After reading all the problems everyone is having with this system and the lack of response from Netgear I'm just going to say. NEVER MIND!!! I'm hanging up the phone, calling HSN and getting my money back. I don't have time for this!!  Smiley Mad

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You have to remove the base from the app, go to settings,my devices hit the base tag scroll down and remove it then push the factory reset button with a paper clip and unplug it then start out as new when you bought it (no need to remove batteries) took me about 30 min to do all 5 of my cameras and put them back up. I think the videos are alot sharper and clearer then before.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Certainly understandable elmatador1177 .

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@RaylanCwrote:

Certainly understandable elmatador1177 .

Just do what @silverado44 said you'll be back up and running. No need to get all stressed about it. Cloud service consumer based cameras is a fairly new technology and things break or go down from time to time. Just try the fix and you'll most likely be good to go.

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

@pc2k17

Cold, snow and all 7 cameras are mounted in trees.  Not eager to jump into that just to have it go down again whenever they apply a patch or somethig.  I will wait and hope they do right by thier customers.  Not holding my breath though.

PamArloPro
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo Pro went offline yesterday 03/15/2018 at 2:30am. The base had 3 green lights like it was connected to the Internet. I tried resetting the base but no luck. Then I found a YouTube video that helped. All I had to do was go to my Arlo App and Remove the Base and reinstall it and sync the cameras.
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ah.  Seems we are back online just before 2100 Hrs.  Let's hope it holds.