Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

New to this system.  Just installed two Arlo Pro cameras yesterday.  I and the wife have seperate logins set up but we both cannot monitor the cameras at the same time.

This would be a very useful feature.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

YES... In SETTINGS > GRANT ACCESS

this allows both to be on at same time without bumping the other off... cameras and admin privileges are granted on a per camera basis

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

YES... In SETTINGS > GRANT ACCESS

this allows both to be on at same time without bumping the other off... cameras and admin privileges are granted on a per camera basis

Morse is faster than texting!
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I believe I have it set up as you indicate but it still only allows one of us to login at a time.

Grant Access shows (1) and that in turn shows my wife and Accepted. Next page shows both cameras each with a green check mark. What might I be missing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What do you mean by not being able to monitor cameras at the same time? Or is the second person to log in somehow bumping the other out of their login?
RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear. Your last sentence is accurate. If I am logged in on one of my devices and my wife, using her own account signs in, I get the boot and vise versa.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All I can say is that shouldn't be happening. Which one of your accounts is using the guest account set up by using Settings, Grant Access?

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice
The wife's. Invited her and she set up her own account so we use different login credentials.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support.  I suspect that's the only way you'll get it straight.

Before you do that, try removing her from the guest access. Save and reinvite.  Any difference?

RaylanC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Holy cow!  I think I found it.

When I checked under Grant Access, I see my wife's email address and name but when I checked under Profile on her device, it had my email listed.  It apparently does not update with her info when she accepts the invite.

I changed Profile on her device to reflect her email and now we are both able to use the app at the same time.

Maybe I missed the profile thing in the manual but it is working now.

Thanks for all your help!