Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro Camera gets pretty hot while charging.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JustinG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey guys. I charged my cameras for the first time a few days ago. One of the cameras got fairly hot while being charged. After camera reported a full charge I did a live view and it kicked me out saying it was too hot to operate. The camera is back up and working fine. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if I should be worried or not. I have a 5 camera system and only one did this. The batterys were below 50%.only reason I charged was cause I had them down to put skins on them and figured might as well.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use the skins which could be a contributing factor but I've not noticed a heat issue. I'd open a case with support since this could be a safety issue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I do know the qualcom quick charging can cause heat ( I see it with my Phone)... But have'nt seen it on the Pro.

The 3x I've charged it it only got warm... and I don't think the skins would have that much effect ( to get to over 120F or so to shut down )

I'd recommend to do what Jeff mentioned.. contact Netgear re a possible battery issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JustinG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmmm okay I might look into that. The skin wasn't on the camera while it was charged. I agree it shouldn't have much effect.. Plus they're arlo skins. Don't think they'd offer an accessory product that contributes to over heating issues lol.