Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
IgorSan
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Can I use arlo pro cameras with arlo base station? I have 4 arlo cameras already and I want to add arlo pro.

Thank you

94 REPLIES 94
bshaw311
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the pro and pro 2 camera compatible? I see Best Buy has the pro with two cameras on sell?
brh
Master
Master

Yes, they are compatible with any base station. They can be mixed and even used with the original Wire Free HD cameras. The base station doesn't care.

Briaan

bshaw311
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks
SimonGG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo three camera installation.  Can I add another camera but make it a Arlo Pro and connect the new Pro to the existing Alro modem by WiFi?

brh
Master
Master

@SimonGG

Yes you can. I have both HD and Pro cameras on my HD base station.

Brian

BtvF_6cS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi to everyone.

I own an Arlo system with two cameras.

Recently I decided to upgrade to a more powerful system, I am thinking about the Arlo Pro.

I wonder whether the Arlo System Cameras can still be used with the Arlo Pro base station, if they are compatible. More eyes around the house the better.

Thanks in advance

Antonio

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All Arlo wireless cameras work with all Arlo base stations.

RussK1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to add on cameras to my base. are all the cameras compatible with my system?

brh
Master
Master

@RussK1

The original Wire Free HD, the Pro and Pro 2 cameras will work with either the original base or the Pro base.

Brian

dollymagin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to add on a camera or two.  I have Arlo Pro, if I bought the new cameras Arlo Pro2 would that be compatible with base unit for Arlo Pro?

brh
Master
Master

@dollymagin

Yes, they are compatible with the Pro base station. In fact, The original Wire free, Pro and Pro 2 models are compatible with any Arlo base stations. 

Brian

Asato
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo makes expending of Arlo security system really simple — all Arlo wireless cameras work with all base stations. So, to answer your question, you can use Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras with your Arlo Pro base station just fine.  

Rsmith41
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the regular arlo cameras with the skinny base station will arlo pro cameras with the speakers and voice audio be compatible with my base station even though my base station does not have the siren ability any answer would be great thanks
brh
Master
Master

@Rsmith41

The voice and sound capabilities will be available to you even though you have the older base. But the audio and speaker will only work with the Pro cameras. The older cameras don't have audio capabilities.

Brian

JakesVis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

Has the feature for add a HDD drive to the normal pro base station been added?

Can I now record video to my HDD with the older pro base station via USB?

Thank you

Jakes

brh
Master
Master

@JakesVis

The original base station does not have that capability nor does it have a siren. The Pro base stations are not that expensive so to get those features, you could just remove the cameras from the original base and add them to the Pro base. If you don't need these features for all the cameras, you can use some cameras on one base and some on the other base. But to use two base units they would both need to be plugged into your router or purchase a wifi range extender for one base.

Brian

Sufletel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the Arlo Pro2 camera works with the router from the Arlo wire free?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes it does. All cameras work with all bases.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PS:

Arlo , Arlo Pro , and Arlo Pro2 work from the bases only. ( hooked to your router by etherenet ) Any of these cams will work on any Arlo base.

Arlo Q/ Q plus and Arlo Baby hook directly into your home wifi system and do not use a base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, any wireless camera would work on any base station. However, the new features of the Arlo Pro 2 camera may not be working if you will use the wire free base, like the alarm feature since it's a feature on the Pro 2 base.

🙂