Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dickinson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since yesterday morning (July-06-19) I have stopped receiving new recordings in the Library. Activity is recognized by the cameras and notifications are sent, but the recordings are nowhere to be found.
I have seen other posts regarding this issue, and no matter what users do at our end, it seems to come down to Arlo’s servers not working appropriately.

Could this be related to the Arlo Smart subscription the company has been offering? I mention it because my settings indicate I have Arlo Smart, despite my not signing up for it. Would that cause an issue in terms of what gets saved, and where?

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. Not having access to my recordings would render the whole system useless, forcing me to look for a different option.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should have no relationship to Smart. WHen thin gs like this happen, you can always ask if others are having the same problem here but also check the status page (Check SYstem Status link near the top here) and open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Dickinson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, jguerdat, for your answer. Will do as suggested.
bige5717
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat Same issue here. No videos are being saved to the library. I can manually record videos and they will save but motion or sound activated videos will save. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and a browser. Have you opened a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Dickinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat - I was preparing a message for support, and checked once again if Library was capturing new videos. And it was, for cameras connected to the base station. Q needed to be reconnected, and after that I was back to a fully functional system.

Not really sure what happened, but I didn't make any changes at my end. I ended up not reaching out to support as a result.

Thanks again for the help and the follow-up.