Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hi Any advice much appreciated. We have 12 Arlo pro cameras. Today after changing the names of some of the cameras - they stopped working randomly - sometimes they would show motion detected but wouldn’t record anything. Randomly one would do this then stop and then another. We have had these cameras for years. I tried removing and adding cameras back. This didn’t help. So I removed all cameras and set up my spare base station - same model vmb4000. Then added all cameras as brand new to the new base station. However the problem persisted with 2 cameras. This has bean happening off an on all day started today only. Sometimes the cameras don’t even pick up any motion at all and other times they will work fine. Wonder if this has anything to do with the change in Arlo plans in 2020. We have Arlo smart elite plan since 2019. Or possibly Arlo had some server issue today any one else having issues ? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Also not sure if this is related but we are using a usb flash storage on drive one of the base station 256gb pny. We also have 2 Cameras using solar panels to charge and also have bean having trouble with one of the solar panels charging cameras and also one camera was having trouble charging as well from any solar panel.
Last year we really suffered from the Arlo base stations going offline because of the flash drive being used in the base stations - this was causing the offline issue it was later found out to be a firmware glitch and it took many months to fix. Is there also possibly any kind of problem with the server library - or possibly base stations that are causing some cameras not to work sometimes ? Thanks
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. Could be a Server issue or simply a bad firmware update that was released recently to the Pro Base Station.. Mine randomly not working intermittently at noon time til 6pm and it's been like this last week.. My other Pro Cams which are connected to the 1st Gen Arlo Base is working fine..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue with your cameras? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support