Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro fails to detect motion after battery swap. Able to view live stream.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have three Arlo Pro cameras. I have extra batteries that I keep charged so that when one of the cameras needs a new battery I can just quickly swap in a charged battery and then recharge the depleted one for next time.

I changed batteries in one of the cameras today and after doing so the camera will not detect motion. I can view the camera's video in Live View but it will not detect motion. This is not the first time I have changed batteries in this camera. The last time I swapped batteries it just came back up and worked fine.

This happened a few months ago when changing batteries in one of the other cameras and after a while it just "started working". I dismissed it as a fluke.

At this point it's been several hours and the camera is still not working. Tomorrow I am going to try removing and reinserting the battery.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by rebooting the base. If still needed, reinserting the battery should fix it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by rebooting the base. If still needed, reinserting the battery should fix it.

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!  I tried rebooting the base this morning and it didn't solve the problem. So afterwards I went out and removed and reinserted the battery in the camera and it immediately started detecting motion.

Thanks again for the quick response!