Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have three Arlo Pro cameras. I have extra batteries that I keep charged so that when one of the cameras needs a new battery I can just quickly swap in a charged battery and then recharge the depleted one for next time.

I changed batteries in one of the cameras today and after doing so the camera will not detect motion. I can view the camera's video in Live View but it will not detect motion. This is not the first time I have changed batteries in this camera. The last time I swapped batteries it just came back up and worked fine.

This happened a few months ago when changing batteries in one of the other cameras and after a while it just "started working". I dismissed it as a fluke.

At this point it's been several hours and the camera is still not working. Tomorrow I am going to try removing and reinserting the battery.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by rebooting the base. If still needed, reinserting the battery should fix it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by rebooting the base. If still needed, reinserting the battery should fix it.

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!  I tried rebooting the base this morning and it didn't solve the problem. So afterwards I went out and removed and reinserted the battery in the camera and it immediately started detecting motion.

Thanks again for the quick response!