Cameras only work while plugged in

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AprilH
Follower
Follower
All 4 of my cameras have stopped working unless they are plugged in. I have tried everything I can find online and nothing helps. I have reset the base stations, replaced network cord, made sure all batteries charged for 8+ hours, etc. I have removed all devices on the app and re-added them. They all reconnect and work while plugged in but says “Your Arlo device appears offline” as soon as they are removed from the battery. I feared a bad battery but can’t imagine this happening to all 4 at once. Any help is appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
I suggest that the batteries in the cameras have gone completely flat and so will not charge, hence the issue.
If you have a known good battery you can swap it out to prove.
There is a requirement to recharge batteries before they go completely flat. You can try re-priming them by unplugging and replugging them with power every hour or so to make them start taking charge.
Make sure your using the correct charger adapter.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The attempt to get enough charge in the battery to allow a proper charge shouldn't need an hour between attempts - if the blue LED indicating "charge" comes on, that would be the signal. Yes, charge proactively.

Since this is for the Pro 1 cameras, be sure the charger is the one that has both 5V and 9V outputs.