Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shaker71
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have three cameras that dropped off my base a few months ago. They wouldn’t reconnect so I hard rest the base and tried to restart sync with app. No joy. I can manually sync the cameras with the button on the base. But, as soon as I move the cameras as little as three feet away from the base they disconnect. This system was not cheap and should last longer than the expiration date on a candy bar.
I have the same router and internet now as I’ve had and internet speed is 1GB.
I also have the base hard wired to the router. It worked ok for two years although it usually failed to work when I needed it.
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
How far is the base station from the router, try separating them at least 3ft.
If the wifi channel is in conflict with another wifi source, this could be the reason for the poor distance performance.
Use a wifi scanner app to identify channel interference, the router and base wifi channels should be the same as designed but performance can be impacted by other wifi sources close on the wanted channel.
I find it works best to have the router wifi channel fixed to a quiet channel in the spectrum so the base wifi channel moves with it.
Shaker71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Danny,
Thank you. I’ve separated the base and wifi router. Got all the camera up and working and with them next to base one will drop off and I need to sync. Then another drops off and sync that one. Haven’t tried to move them more than a foot from the base yet.
Will report back.
Will also check wifi interference. I’m using Google system for wifi. That’s been crazy dependable and worked fine with camera for a couple of years.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Also look for other hotspot sources that could be causing issues like Chromecast devices.

As a suggestion I shifted all my devices across to the 5ghz wifi network so that the 2.4ghz wifi is free for arlo.