Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Please stopping forcing a 1/2 hour logout from my browser

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

You've made the interface useless.

Please put the timeout back to the 12 hours it used to be set to.  Please go back to using cookies to maintain the 12-hour session and for maintaining the connection even if I refresh, or close and reopen my browsers.  When it worked like that, it was actually useful.  Since you've broken it with these ridiculous restrictions, it's extremely difficult to use this tool.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a long time since I left the interface up for an extended time but AFAIK there was never a 12 hour timeout. Specifically, what are you doing that seems to have changed?

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh yes there was.  When I first bought this system a little over 2 years ago the browser ONLY logged you out after 12 hours.  Once I logged in, if I refreshed the browser, or if I closed all of my browser windows and reopened them, I was still logged in for 12 hours.  If I logged out and logged back in, that 12 hour clock restarted.

It was like this for ~6 months before they changed it.  There were a lot of complaints up here about it at the time of the change, but of course Arlo never answered.